Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Just now, Brumerican said:

I'd say he's one of the best , if not THE best player in our galaxy right now .

People think his decision making can be suspect but he just moves in mysterious ways IMO . Our brains haven't evolved enough to fully comprehend his talents. Who are WE ? to try and understand the mind of Godjia.

I think you're under-selling him personally.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

Looks like a real player, think he would be a success in the PL aswell.

Worth evry penny!

easily, I dont think the step up from bottom half of Premier league defences really is that much

10 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think many of our current players will do well in the prem

I'm fully confident this guy will though. What an absolute steal. 

It's possible. He has all the athletic talents in the world and is a late bloomer, really only learning the game properly in the last few seasons. At premier league level he will almost certainly have to improve decision making, at times in the box he holds onto the ball too long rather than pass it off into space, outside the box he at times opts to dribble too much rather than pass it off. If he sharpens up on this then he could be good at Premier League level, even now I don't see why he couldn't score 10 goals. 

I sort of understand what @Woodytom is saying. In the last fifteen or twenty minutes, he spoilt two or three good attacking moves by poor decision making. However, I think it's obvious he was just getting very very tired, and I'm sure he'd have been substituted if Baker hadn't gone off at half time. 

In that first 70-75 minutes, Kodjia played very well indeed. 

• Like 1

This is first time in a good few years that we have some players that aren't utterly detestable. This guy, Adomah, Chester, Elphick, Amavi, Gestede, they all seem like really nice blokes. 

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Didnt see the game yesterday, why didn't he take the pen if still on?

I'm not sure actually.

I was quite annoyed about that before Rudy confidently slotted it home.

But maybe Gestede is genuinely ahead of him in the penalty taking pecking order?
Was Rudy on the pitch when Kodjia took his last couple?

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Didnt see the game yesterday, why didn't he take the pen if still on?

I'd imagine it is simply a case of he is first choice penalty taker and if he is on the pitch he takes them. There was no debate between the two it seemed it was a given Rudy would take it.

Â