Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Extremely poor today, in large part to the knocks he took but really Bruce should have subbed him off around the hour mark. His hold up play was very poor and at times very careless - electing to dribble across the pitch rather than do the simple lay off. Granted he had little to feed off but yeah, wasn't a performance in keeping with what he has shown of late.

Can't take anything away from shotton he was very good for them today, however kodjia simply made it easy for him.

will be a different kettle of fish when they come to villa park, 30k+ fans behind the kodj and that's the way he likes it

8 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Extremely poor today, in large part to the knocks he took but really Bruce should have subbed him off around the hour mark. His hold up play was very poor and at times very careless - electing to dribble across the pitch rather than do the simple lay off. Granted he had little to feed off but yeah, wasn't a performance in keeping with what he has shown of late.

He was not allowed into the game. Simple as that.

• Like 1

He didn't have a great game today, but he was kicked all round the pitch, some dirty dirty fouls (like the knee in his back). He did look in quite a lot of pain, which will have affected his game, but yes, with hindsight he should have come off early in the second half if only to protect him. 

Edited by TheStagMan

16 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

He didn't have a great game today, but he was kicked all round the pitch, some dirty dirty fouls (like the knee in his back). He did look in quite a lot of pain, which will have affected his game, but yes, with hindsight he should have come off early in the second half if only to protect him. 

Do that and he will be kicked out of every other game, he needs to be tougher and meet the challenge head on.

57 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

The best strikers force themselves into games and impose themselves on them and the opposition, he got bullied out of it.

That said trent, Kodja is not really built like Rooney.

Maybe a 6 months in the gym and who knows.. Kodja might be owning Shotton come the April fixture.

14 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That said trent, Kodja is not really built like Rooney.

Maybe a 6 months in the gym and who knows.. Kodja might be owning Shotton come the April fixture.

No granted he isn't but you don't need to be.

You don't need to be built, being tough is mostly in the head and I think he let Shotton bully him.

Don't go down unless you are hurt or you are going to gain an advantage from doing so or you just hand the initiative to the opponent.

Grantsd being built line Rooney helps dish it out but I'm talking more about standing up to the physical stuff and not letting it affect his game.

• Like 1

He was bullied.....but this where you have work on your upper body, like Ronaldo

......or David Davis.

that has a knock on effect to the mental approach.

This league is going to throw up  days like this.....but I'm hoping SB can get us in shape like them.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I would have played Gestede  in this game, to negate their 2 centre halves and play ayew and Kodjia just behind.

but hey!    i'm not criticising the manager, he has worked wonders in such a short time.

• Like 2

Â