Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just to think alot of fans were disappointed we got him instead of Bamford I believe?

Where is Bamford these days btw out of interest?

He's on loan at Burnley for the season. Currently on 0 goals after 4 games, which means he's not scored  a single goal for the 4 different clubs that he's been at since his average goals haul at Middlesbrough. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Odd. I don't recall people saying those things last week, I remember people saying he had a bad game, which he did, but that was about it.

Unlike Naz to overreact. But that is how I remember it too.

On 06/11/2016 at 18:41, skarroki said:

He's on loan at Burnley for the season. Currently on 0 goals after 4 games, which means he's not scored  a single goal for the 4 different clubs that he's been at since his average goals haul at Middlesbrough. 

Bit of an odd reaction.

Bamford has played 31 minutes of football at Burnley (over 4 games), following a whopping 236 minutes at Norwich (over 7 games) and 119 minutes at Palace (over 6 games).  That's 386 minutes of football on loan, equating to 4 matches and roughly, what, 20 minutes?  Or, to look at it another way, he's being asked to make an impact in the odd 22 minutes of football he averages when coming on.

His "average" goal tally at Middlesbrough was 1 goal every 176 minutes.

Kodjia at Bristol City?  1 goal every 184 minutes.

44 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Bit of an odd reaction.

Bamford has played 31 minutes of football at Burnley (over 4 games), following a whopping 236 minutes at Norwich (over 7 games) and 119 minutes at Palace (over 6 games).  That's 386 minutes of football on loan, equating to 4 matches and roughly, what, 20 minutes?  Or, to look at it another way, he's being asked to make an impact in the odd 22 minutes of football he averages when coming on.

His "average" goal tally at Middlesbrough was 1 goal every 176 minutes.

Kodjia at Bristol City?  1 goal every 184 minutes.

Or maybe he is just pretty lame thats why they refuse to start him? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Yes, maybe.  Hard to judge him off loan spells is the point.  When he's played regularly, he's scored goals.

It does seem odd that they put a lot of effort getting him but he has featured very little. he seems to be going down the route of great championship player, but poor premier league player. That seems to be how a few players have gone. Rhodes, rudy etc 

Edited by Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It does seem odd that they put a lot of effort getting him but he has featured very little. he seems to be going down the route of great championship player, but poor premier league player. That seems to be how a few players have gone. Rhodes, rudy etc 

He's completely unproven (well, aside from the equivalent of 4 games) at Premier League level - unfair to conclude he's "poor" IMO.  Similar to Rhodes, has he really played for Boro in the PL?

On topic, Kodjia also looks like a good striker :) 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

He's completely unproven (well, aside from the equivalent of 4 games) at Premier League level - unfair to conclude he's "poor" IMO.  Similar to Rhodes, has he really played for Boro in the PL?

On topic, Kodjia also looks like a good striker :) 

I was pointing towards the fact he was barely picked for those 3 teams. I appreciate i didn't word it well though. Pretty sure Palace had him on loan for a season and allowed him to leave early so he could go on loan somewhere else? Doesn't suggest they thought much of him. When you're below Campbell in the pecking order then something's not going right for you. 

I understand that his goals to games ratio was similar to Kodjia, but Kodjia had a very average midfield supplying him at the lower end of the championship. Middlesbrough's midfield supplying Bamford was fantastic. Good goals to games ratio, but most people spearheading that team should be hitting that ratio without much problem at all, that's why I describe it as average. 

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

So when is the title of the thread going to be changed to The Bamford thread because that seems to be all that is being discussed on here? 

Kodjia is good, Bamford is shit

• Like 1

Â