Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a special mention for him today. Forget the goal. His utter humiliation of their defender when he skinned him and then held his head in his hands, brilliant! Certainly riled their player up and led to the booking a few minutes later when he got payback by the challenge off the ball (professional foul surely, but nothing from the shambles of a ref) 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

Just a special mention for him today. Forget the goal. His utter humiliation of their defender when he skinned him and then held his head in his hands, brilliant! Certainly riled their player up and led to the booking a few minutes later when he got payback by the challenge off the ball (professional foul surely, but nothing from the shambles of a ref) 

I think he sneezed. It was utter genius. Someone needs to make a gif of this please.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Who the **** is Benteke, who the **** is Benteke, who the **** is Benteke...

He was a large fella who kept us up a bit but ultimately believed his own hype and had to move on. He might just be Tony's best buy ever when Crystal Palace get relegated and we get promotion.

• Like 1

Let the lad receive praise after a good performance and a goal.

What's the point of being a fan if you can't get carried away without being debbie downer'd at every single opportunity.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

For what it's worth I thought at times Benteke's decision making was shocking. Ashley Young the same. 

As Villa players go, he's a talent for sure. He's up there with them IMO. He'll be playing and scoring goals in the top flight next season, with or without us. 

I always felt with Benteke that he was merely passing through. 

Great player, but it was always an arrangement rather than a marriage. Still have him back under the right circumstances though. 

I sincerely doubt that Kodija grew up with pictures of Gary Penrice or Sticks Ormondroyd on his wall, but there seems to be more of an affinity there.  Maybe because he came into the game late and appreciates what it is like to play at a venue like Villa Park, I dunno. 

He is our focal point, and seems to have the talent and swagger to deal with the pressure that comes because of that. 

Edited by HolteExile

The Villa mannequin challenge has to be the worst I've seen, but Kodjia's shenaningans made it damn entertaining (as a heterosexual guy I'm not comfortable using the word "charming" in this context), so pretty sure it didn't lose him any fans!

Â