Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Such a strange decision to keep playing Kodjia out left.

Granted once in a while he makes a great run from the left hand side, cutting in and creating a chance for himself. But the amount of chances he could create for himself as well as others create for him from a central position would be much greater.

As much as I trust Bruce tactically I think this is the one change we need to make going forward.

Possibly a sign Bruce see's us as weak on the left and in need of a winger come January?

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I know he's had moments out wide but why would you not consistently play your best goal scorer down the middle?

Foolish decision. He should be our main striker every game. 

I think he struggles to win the physical battle.....good player, but needs to impose himself more.

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think it's that clear. Maybe wrong but didn't he mainly play down the middle for Bristol city last year. 

I don't know, I wouldn't claim to have watched anything of Bristol last season. From what I recall he played central against Small Heath and wasn't in the game.

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think it's that clear. Maybe wrong but didn't he mainly play down the middle for Bristol city last year. 

Most of his goals for us seem to come in the box rather than cutting in from the left. Like Henry he has a tendency to drift to the left hand side at times but that IMO doesn't mean he should play out there. I'd much prefer to have him playing through the middle. 

38 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I don't know, I wouldn't claim to have watched anything of Bristol last season. From what I recall he played central against Small Heath and wasn't in the game.

I didn't either but sure the bcfc who posted on here for awhile claimed he moved out wide this year when they signed Abraham. He wasn't very good against blues but then we did decide to play hoofball while he was up against a big bastard CB. 

How many teams put their best goal scorer out wide? He can play there, and at times looks very effective, but surely a 20 goals a season striker should be played down the middle. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I didn't either but sure the bcfc who posted on here for awhile claimed he moved out wide this year when they signed Abraham. He wasn't very good against blues but then we did decide to play hoofball while he was up against a big bastard CB. 

How many teams put their best goal scorer out wide? He can play there, and at times looks very effective, but surely a 20 goals a season striker should be played down the middle. 

He claimed a lot of things including that he wasn't that good.

As for your point about teams putting their best goal scorer out wide it's a false question. It obviously depends on the player and their game, you wouldn't with Defoe but then other players you would.

To my mind a fair number of his goals for us have come from cutting in from wide such as Brentford.

I don't really get the logic that a players position should be dictated by the number of goals they score over and above the position that best enables them to get them.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He claimed a lot of things including that he wasn't that good.

As for your point about teams putting their best goal scorer out wide it's a false question. It obviously depends on the player and their game, you wouldn't with Defoe but then other players you would.

To my mind a fair number of his goals for us have come from cutting in from wide such as Brentford.

I don't really get the logic that a players position should be dictated by the number of goals they score over and above the position that best enables them to get them.

You play them in the best position for them and the team. Over a consistent basis I don't see how putting a player, who has scored 20+ goals in a season, out wide will do that.

I can't think of many examples where other teams have done this successfully.

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You play them in the best position for them and the team. Over a consistent basis I don't see how putting a player, who has scored 20+ goals in a season, out wide will do that.

I can't think of many examples where other teams have done this successfully.

It depends on the player.

And isn't out wide, wingers are out wide he is playing as a wide forward. You make it sound like he is playing with chalk on his boots.

I can't really add anything else without repeating myself. 

Â