Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

25 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

And yet none of our other 'attacking players' scored either. 

So are you saying he never ran the channels yesterday? Wow. 

I'm saying he ran the channels very poorly. If your happy with that level performance than thats your prerogative. If you are then "wow"

Hes just come back from 2 bad injuries.. barely played in 2 seasons and people are writing him off. 

I would sell him if we had a decent offer though. Hes almost 30. High wages. Same with Adomah

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm saying he ran the channels very poorly. If your happy with that level performance than thats your prerogative. If you are then "wow"

Ran the channels poorly? 

I'm sorry, I must've missed the defence splitting balls from our fullbacks/CB's out wide which Kodjia was meant to run to.! He put pressure on their fullbacks when we had no outlet but to hoof it up. That's what running the channels is. 

Fact is, he didn't have a good or bad game - but it's very harsh and ridiculous to say he didn't put any effort in .

image.png.2a16af3da94e6eb9447669a46ecfca13.png

Dropped deeper and deeper to come get the ball. Don't let facts like heat maps above affect your points though.....

As for the sulking argument - people used to say the same thing about Ayew. But I remember him helping his fullback at given opportunity.  

Edited by Jay.P.A

34 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

Ran the channels poorly? 

I'm sorry, I must've missed the defence splitting balls from our fullbacks/CB's out wide which Kodjia was meant to run to.! He put pressure on their fullbacks when we had no outlet but to hoof it up. That's what running the channels is. 

Fact is, he didn't have a good or bad game - but it's very harsh and ridiculous to say he didn't put any effort in .

image.png.2a16af3da94e6eb9447669a46ecfca13.png

Dropped deeper and deeper to come get the ball. Don't let facts like heat maps above affect your points though.....

As for the sulking argument - people used to say the same thing about Ayew. But I remember him helping his fullback at given opportunity.  

It's not ridiculous as I've explained to you how many balls did he chase down? How many times was he picking the pass looking around him to try get others involved?

How can you say it's "a fact he didn't have a good or a bad game?" He was poor in my opinion for the reasons I've highlighted.

You could argue bruces tactics but I think hull didnt offer much and we made it difficult for them to break us down. So I think the tactics were spot on.

I dont want to be seeing my cf moaning at his teammates constantly and then he fails to pass the ball to them. Also not trying to win the ball back for us. 

I remember at one point in the game adomah bombed it back to help defend at one point while kodjia was just standing there looking lazy and disinterested 

If we lose Jack the ball is going to long even more than it does now and I have more chance of winning the Euro Millions than Kodjia does of winning a long ball.

Davis is more suited to our system but isn't good enough, wouldn't mind Llorente on loan actually if we are doing a deal with Spurs.

Kodjia can easily get 15+ goals for us this season, but he also hurts our team a lot. His selfishness costed us a very good opportunity in the first half, and it will happen again. 

He is also injury prone, and isn't getting any younger. I think if an acceptable bid comes in for Kodjia, we should take it, especially if we can use that cash to sign someone like Powell or Abraham as a replacement. 

• Like 2

"Keinan Davis is better than Kodjia"

There is really no need to continue the debate if thats what people honestly think, there is no need to take part in this thread anymore - i'll come back after a month or so we when people have calmed down to have a rational debate. 

• Like 3

He's our best striker, but I believe he actually can hurt our team as well as win games.

At his age, with his injury record, and on his salary - I would take any offer of more than £12m. I suspect we need the cash, and if selling him means we can keep Jack, then that is best.

Not ideal, but think we have a loan lined up (Abraham or that Man City lad), plus RHM, Hogan, Davis - which given we play with one up front should be enough.

• Like 2

He was our only threat before the injury. Now, he's a shadow of what he was. We need to get in a better and more reliable striker. Now.

Whether we sell Kodjia or hang onto him in hopes he'll revert to his old self, I don't know.

Difficult one , if he can get back to best form he is clearly one of best in the league but a year or so out and he just looks well off the boil , with his age to take into account selling could be the smart thing but you then need a replacement and at mo the main target looks like Abraham who we could need the rest of the month to wait on and thats alot of games to be short up front.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

It looks like you posted this 18 months late @VILLAMARV

Don't think so myself.

Still can't think of a better striker at the club right now.

It was frustrating watching him last night.

That doesn't make him shit/finished/over-rated or any of the rest of the drivel over the last few pages.

Should we cash in at the right price if the right replacements are lined up? - well I'd have thought the answer to that is obvious whatever player we're talking about.

Â