Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

He's a shadow of his former self. 

He looked well off the pace when he came back. Between injuries last season, looked poor in pre season and has been woeful in the first 2 games this season. 

Frankly I am worried. 

Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy - Oooh Jimmy Jimmy

• Like 1

i think he's becoming a bit of an enigma, he goes missing for long spells, doesnt really show much or make any decent runs but then when he does get on the ball he goes full roy of the rovers which is something that you'd normally associate with arrogance following good form, watching him trying to beat the same defender 3 times or take the world on doesnt scream no confidence but his quality does

part of me thinks he's trying too hard and desperately needs a goal just to settle down, the other part of me thinks a run of goals might make his confidence and quality higher but it probably wont improve his decision making or style of play

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

He had a real bad injury, was rushed back imo. He badly needs a goal his confidence is shot you can see how flat he is. 

I couldn't disagree more about the confidence argument - he's full of it. I imagine the guy has never lacked confidence. You can see that he thinks he can take a hundred touches, multiple stepovers and take on an entire team all by himself. He's so full of confidence he thinks he can do it all and is as selfish as ever. He struts around and sulks - it's everyone's fault but his own.

You could argue the skill is currently missing due to the injuries, that's a fair discussion.

But the fundamental issue is his work rate is completely unacceptable. I'd forgive a slow start or rusty performances but he's not even trying. He's selfish (he's always been this though) and doesn't work for the team at all. He barely broke a sweat for the second game running. I can not accept lack of effort. 

I would drop him based on work rate alone.

Edited by jackbauer24
  • Like 3

Remind me of mikkel forssell. Was class picked up a major injury and was never the same. Kodjia looks finished.  I don't want to write him off but looks really a shadow of himself. I think we will sell in January if he continues like this

I was never a fan even when he was scoring, because i felt the negatives of his lazy, selfish attitude outweighed the positives. 

Without the goals he is simply a liability. The bloke looks shot and needs replacing.

Even if we can't bring anyone in, Hogan, Davies, and RHM are all ahead of him for me. 

Â