Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Possible he was knackered in the second-half but if not he was incredibly lazy. Bear in mind he has had a knock and has also had two serious injuries prior to that - will still not be 100%.

RHM though, love the kid. Would've had a goal if Hourihane had a right foot.

It wouldn’t be so bad if he actually looked interested. When he’s not trying to win a cheap free kick (followed by the strop or feigning injury) he’s hogging the ball and missing the most obvious opportunities to pass and bring in another player. It’s almost as if he believes he is better than the team mates around him. He needs to drop the ego and find some humility. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think he's finished. We're getting all the worst parts of him without the good bits, 

Couldn't agree more. I've never been a fan but there used to be individual moments that fans of his could point to, now it's jist the shit.

He basically has till January to prove himself again here. Today wasn't a good start, but it's one match. He has looked great and bad in preseason. He is very inconsistent, but hopefully he can refind his form. 

I was thinking a new striker was a necessity back at the start of summer. Kodjia and Hogan have major fitness concerns hanging over them for me. We need a proven forward to lead the line, with RHM, Davis, Kodjia and Hogan to supplement. Maybe selling one of Hogan or Kodjia if possible.

Reading the comments on here tonight has cemented my thoughts, it is too risky to rely on our current strike force to score enough goals to gain promotion. We got caught out early last season, needing to bring in Grabban in Jan. Let’s not make the same mistake again.

This page is a typical over reaction of Villa Talk, should print it out for future reference and giggles

Yes he should played in Elmo, but other than that it was a difficult game for a striker to get into, he constantly had to come deep to get the ball.. lets give it a few games before completely writing him off yeah?

• Like 3

I think we need another striker in regardless but basing it off Kodjia tonight is a bit harsh on him. We can't spent the majority of the night berating the style Bruce implemented whilst also criticising Kodjia for his performance. One incident aside where he was as selfish as he usually tends to be is all you can say about him really, otherwise we played long which didn't suit him in the slightest and essentially relied on Hull making mistakes for us. 

As a striker, if he scores we're ordinarily not going to complain about his performance and the fact that we didn't create a single opportunity for him (outside of that blocked shot in the first half that he had no space to get off) should be of most concern really. We can't rely on set-pieces and right backs doing the job for us every week.

• Like 1

Â