Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

10 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

We looked so much more dangerous when the beast came on.

What a player!

Yep, as frustrating as he can be, he is an unreal player. Not just a great player, but he's just so mentally positive in everything he does. Will never see him hiding.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Excellent when he came on tonight. Started stretching the play and moving Bamba around and created more space.

I wonder if we could go with him and Grabban starting as Albert has lost form recently.

I actually thought Albert looked quite sharp last night.

I’d be tempeted to start him on Friday and throw grabs on to the left. See if we can get 50/60 mins out of him. 

I understand if we don’t and keep these 60th min cameos going. 

Our best striker by a mile. I do wonder where we would be if he didn’t get his injury :(

Id also be keen to give Grabban a couple of games playing wide. Adomah has looked a shadow of himself the last two weeks a rest before the playoffs could make all the difference. 

Trouble is Jimmy doesn't look anywhere near starting for me. Yes he poses more of a threat etc than the others but last night he was visibly blowing out his arse after about 10mins. He's going to need several more of these 30mins for me before he's ready to start. I reckon he'll just about be ready for the playoffs and I'm hoping he makes all the difference then. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

Chose to go it solo instead of playing Grealish in which frustrated me a bit, he created a decent chance for himself but Grealish was better placed.

I suppose that drive to make things happen himself is one of his better assets, but I still think he would improve noticeably if he were to choose his moments for it more wisely.

Above all it's great to see him making a promising return from what's been a bad run of injury.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Chose to go it solo instead of playing Grealish in which frustrated me a bit, he created a decent chance for himself but Grealish was better placed.

I suppose that drive to make things happen himself is one of his better assets, but I still think he would improve noticeably if he were to choose his moments for it more wisely.

Above all it's great to see him making a promising return from what's been a bad run of injury.

He's a bit of an enigma. One on one he is so dangerous and he has a decent finish on him but like you said he's got to pick his moments. That opportunity yesterday he had Grealish in a better position, then Hourihane and then Bree making a late run. 

You can tell he's dying for that first goal back.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I know that was abit annoying but we created so little up to that point it was good to see us at least have an attack on goal. also i am happy he still has the confidence to have a go

• Like 2

The good thing about having both him and Grealish on the pitch is they draw the attention of the opposition and create space for teammates but they are both capable of beating opponents (Not in a violent way) and remain a threat even whilst being marked.

Image result for kodjia gif

• Like 1

Â