Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

16 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

This comments got a like 

?

I think it is meant in an “I agree” way, rather than liking the fact Kodjia might not be the same after injury. That is how I see it.

Edit. To add, I do think we as fans need to be patient with Kodjia, he probably won’t be back to his best this season. Probably will need a full pre season to get up to speed.

Edited by NeilS

44 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I think it is meant in an “I agree” way, rather than liking the fact Kodjia might not be the same after injury. That is how I see it.

Edit. To add, I do think we as fans need to be patient with Kodjia, he probably won’t be back to his best this season. Probably will need a full pre season to get up to speed.

ha ha no i know

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

He didn't get two broken legs?

Three actually. He also survived having his heart and lungs removed for a few days and then re-attached using fabric from one of Charles Nzogbia's suits.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Junxs said:

I don't think he will play tomorrow, what Bruce means by "he will be involved" is that he will travel with the squad to make him feel part of it again. He said something similar of O'Hare then he didnt feature in the match day squad.

He'll probably get a 5 minute run out v Reading on Tuesday. No need to risk him, just give him few minutes here and there and get him ready for the play offs. 

I think you are wrong. What's the point of having him on the bench if you have no plans to play him? Might as well have davis.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think you are wrong. What's the point of having him on the bench if you have no plans to play him? Might as well have davis.

well thats exactly my point, i dont think he will be on the bench going by when Bruce previously said a player will be involved. He just means he will travel. 

yeah i was surprised he came on before Hogan. 30 minutes was probably a bit too much. He looked very unfit. 

We resulted to a long ball game.. didnt suit his style of play. I hope we stick with 1 striker and not have 3 on at once. Even Bruce said after the match it didnt work yet he does it time and time again. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Throwing him on like Bruce did demonstrated his lack of a clue, shocking management, one of the most desperate things I've ever seen from a Villa manager.

Yesp, too early (for once). 10 minutes would've been enough. There wasn't any plan behind it anyway.

I think if Ronaldo had of come on.....the score would have been the same.

too much wrong with the team for him or anyone else like him to make a difference.

14 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Staggering he is already being chucked in to be our saviour againm with so little training and football behind him. Bruce is an absolute disgrace.

I wouldnt mind but its not the first time he has done this

35 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Throwing him on like Bruce did demonstrated his lack of a clue, shocking management, one of the most desperate things I've ever seen from a Villa manager.

I think it demonstrated on the night a team that had simply, nothing else in the locker.

Presumably, he has shown in training he is ready to resume his match fitness.

I am not in a position to know if he is ready or not, but I ask myself......when is ready.

I don't think SB would risk a player like Kodj and put the rest of the season at risk, if he wasn't confident the time was right.....however, i also think it was the last throw of the dice,too.

Edited by TRO

One of the things brought up in THAT article about his time at Sunderland is how he rushed back players after injuries, most notably David Meyler who got injured straight away again.

Hopefully Bruce has learned from this.

4 hours ago, sne said:

One of the things brought up in THAT article about his time at Sunderland is how he rushed back players after injuries, most notably David Meyler who got injured straight away again.

Hopefully Bruce has learned from this.

Surely he needs doctors clearance to play a player back from injury. They would have given him the ok?

Â