Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Kodjia of the last was pretty greedy BUT also pretty isolated. I think we’re better at getting forward now, on the whole, and an in-form Grealish linking with Kodjia is an exciting prospect. Let’s just hope he’s not rushed back!

20 minute cameo tomorrow would be perfect. As greedy as he can be you can't underestimate his influence carrying the ball forward, its something that Grealish has brought to the team since returning and in the games he was injured for recently we badly missed it. Having two players in the team centrally who are prepared to keep hold of the ball, and a carry the ball forward is a massive asset heading into the final part of the season.

We just can't rush him back this time, and realistically we shouldn't need to with Grabban, Hogan and Davis all available.

Buzzing to see him back in action tomorrow night.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

think kodjia was great

but there is something that tells me he wont be the same player after 2 broken legs...

I agree, most players would struggle to hit form with just the one broken leg!

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

No need to do anything silly now. Get him right for the play offs.

Getting him ready for play offs will require to get up to speed with fitness and match intensity. He needs games

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Getting him ready for play offs will require to get up to speed with fitness and match intensity. He needs games

Yes, he needs to be given half an hour here and half an hour there. Not chucked in immediately like earlier in the season and flogged to death when a million miles off any kind of fitness or conditioning.

• Like 1

i 'm just expecting a few over head kicked goals, some flying headers a few threaded passes, some reversed passes, back heels and a sprinkling of Rabona goals.....in the run in.

......other than that, just ease him in.:)

Edited by TRO

I don't think he will play tomorrow, what Bruce means by "he will be involved" is that he will travel with the squad to make him feel part of it again. He said something similar of O'Hare then he didnt feature in the match day squad.

He'll probably get a 5 minute run out v Reading on Tuesday. No need to risk him, just give him few minutes here and there and get him ready for the play offs. 

Great to have him back purely because he's our only striker who can pull a goal out of his arse. What we desperately missed last season was other players chipping in with goals. Kodjia was our only outlet and the only player capable of scoring. My fear is despite Kodjia's knack of scoring goals I don't think he's the best fit for the team due to his poor decision making and selfish play. I hope Bruce has coached the selfishness and poor decision making out of him as if Kodjia lost that side of his game and developed more of a team ethic and footballing brain then he could potentially be a very important asset to our promotion challenge. 

Â