Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

2 minutes ago, KSV said:

Surely he needs doctors clearance to play a player back from injury. They would have given him the ok?

Certainly. And I'm sure most players will wan't to play every game, even when not fully fit.

Kodija should be having 2-3 reserve games of a full 90 min to get his sharpness back before he even gets on the bench but then again Bruce doesn’t care what you do in the reserves or we’d have seen more of the kids by now. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Could well have had four goals. Six games to get him fully up to speed. Really hoping he can be the difference for us going into the playoffs

I know this has been touted for a while but you just get the feeling that he will turn up in those play-off games. 

On 4/2/2018 at 16:15, dn1982 said:

Kodija should be having 2-3 reserve games of a full 90 min to get his sharpness back before he even gets on the bench but then again Bruce doesn’t care what you do in the reserves or we’d have seen more of the kids by now. 

I don't think Steve Bruce has " Don't care' in his DNA.

I think Steve cares very much about the reserves and its testimony of reports of his attendance.

We are going for promotion.....We have already seen the physicality imposed on us during the games with QPR-Bolton and Hull and thats with our experienced players....maybe, just maybe he feels that is not the right environment for their development.....if they were as stand out as sessegnon, then there maybe a fair criticism.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

On 02/04/2018 at 16:15, dn1982 said:

twaddle

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So unlucky not to score. He played pretty well.. put in some decent crosses from the left too. Much prefer him in the wide left role than through the middle. But Kodjia anywhere is a massive boost for us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Do really like him playing from the left. I think he offers more there as he has to pass more but can still be threatening in scoring positions. 

Good for Albert too....and the team.

53 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why is it twaddle?

Firstly the suggestion that Kodjia needs three 90 minute reserve game matches before he can make the first team is twaddle. It sounds like the kind of thing just made up to have a dig at the manager.
I'm not sure the poster in question knows better than our manager, and coaches, and medical staff. I'd be more inclined to believe them if they think Kodjia is ready.

Secondly the insinuation that Bruce pays no attention to reserve games, and if he did we'd suddenly see loads of kids making the first team is also twaddle, imo.
The suggestion is that all these kids are brilliant and should all be in the team if Bruce noticed them.
Do we really think that the reason the kids don't make the team is because Bruce ignores reserve games? Like if you really think about it, does anyone actually believe that?

Or could it be that they're not good enough? 

To me it's a lazy criticism. Someone decided that Bruce doesn't like giving youth players a chance and so it gets brought out at every opportunity by some. It's not actually true.

Sure there might be a gem in there who would flourish if we threw them into the first team, but in general they're not good enough or not ready.

So yeah. That's why it's twaddle.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Firstly the suggestion that Kodjia needs three 90 minute reserve game matches before he can make the first team is twaddle. It sounds like the kind of thing just made up to have a dig at the manager.
I'm not sure the poster in question knows better than our manager, and coaches, and medical staff.

Secondly the insinuation that Bruce pays no attention to reserve games, and if he did we'd suddenly see loads of kids making the first team is also twaddle, imo.
The suggestion is that all these kids are brilliant and should all be in the team if Bruce noticed them.
Do we really think that the reason the kids don't make the team is because Bruce ignores reserve games? Like if you really think about it, does anyone actually believe that?

Or could it be that they're not good enough? 

To me it's a lazy criticism. Someone decided that Bruce doesn't like giving youth players a chance and so it gets brought out at every opportunity by some. It's not actually true.

So yeah. That's why it's twaddle.

Kodjia has been out injured a long time, the idea that he plays u23s football is essential in my opinion. You expect him to come back from long term injury and just slot straight back in to our first team?

I very much doubt that any poster on this forum knows better than Bruce or any of his backroom staff for that matter, it's why they're in the well paid jobs that they are in.

As I've said many times on this site, the current group of young players of Suliman, Green, Hepburn-Murphy, Clark and Sarkic are the best group of kids that I've seen, they have all been rewarded with new contracts and I expect them all to have a positive impact in our first team

• Like 1

Hopefully we get more games like yesterday where Kodjia can come in and just play his game and work his way back to fitness.

Bringing him on at 0-0 and expecting anything of him is poor imo. No preseason, a handful of 60 minutes  this season where he was already well off the pace fitness wise and then another few months out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Kodjia has been out injured a long time, the idea that he plays u23s football is essential in my opinion. You expect him to come back from long term injury and just slot straight back in to our first team?

No, I expect him to be eased back in with substitute appearances, exactly the way it's been happening.

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I very much doubt that any poster on this forum knows better than Bruce or any of his backroom staff for that matter, it's why they're in the well paid jobs that they are in.

Exactly. If they've decided the best way to reintroduce Kodjia is the way they're doing it right now, don't you think that it probably is the best way? I mean it's literally their job to know that. Whereas we are all just mongs on a football forum. I'm sure they know better than us.

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

As I've said many times on this site, the current group of young players of Suliman, Green, Hepburn-Murphy, Clark and Sarkic are the best group of kids that I've seen, they have all been rewarded with new contracts and I expect them all to have a positive impact in our first team

That may be so eventually (and forgive me for being a little less enthused than you, given your track record ;) ) but the suggestion that they are all ready NOW and if Bruce paid attention to reserve games they'd be playing is, again, twaddle imo. The ones that are good enough have had their chances. Green has played until his injury, Davis has played semi regularly, RHM has had game time, as has O'Hare.
If any of them were good enough to command a first team place regularly, like Green, then they would.

Â