Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, cbr600rr said:

team needs a boost, JK is the best forward at the club, no idea if hes training ?

He is back in training but still weeks away from being ready - maybe available for the play offs though .

30 minutes ago, Eastie said:

He is back in training but still weeks away from being ready - maybe available for the play offs though .

He could possibly be that boost we need going into the playoffs. No disrespect to Davis or Hogan, but I know who I would prefer coming off the bench. He needs some playing time though, so some games with the U23's would help.

39 minutes ago, villianusa said:

He could possibly be that boost we need going into the playoffs. No disrespect to Davis or Hogan, but I know who I would prefer coming off the bench. He needs some playing time though, so some games with the U23's would help.

Play off final is 10 weeks away so I’d hope he’d be more than just a bench option. 

bruce must have been listening to me :P

Aston Villa striker Jonathan Kodjia set to return behind closed doors

By Matt Maher | Aston Villa | Published: Less than an hour ago

Villa striker Jonathan Kodjia is poised to step up his recovery from long-term injury by appearing in a behind-closed-doors friendly.

The 28-year-old has recently returned to training after more than four months out with his second serious ankle injury in the space of a year.

And Villa were attempting to organise a game this week in which Kodjia could make an appearance.

The Ivory Coast international will not be rushed back and his chances of appearing for the first-team again this season remain slim.

Kodjia, who netted 19 goals for Villa last season, missed the start of the current campaign after breaking his ankle last April.

After scoring once in nine appearances this term, he suffered another fracture to the same ankle while away on international duty in early November.

Kodjia returned to training earlier this month. Asked about his progress, Villa boss Steve Bruce said: “He has done OK. We are looking for a game in midweek to see if he can take part in it. We will see where he is.”

Injuries have been a constant concern for Villa this season. Full-backs Alan Hutton and Axel Tuanzebe have been absent for the past few weeks with hamstring injuries, while Glenn Whelan has been missing with a calf injury.

Neil Taylor, the only recognised left-back on Villa’s books, has, meanwhile, withdrawn from the Wales squad with a groin problem.

Villa still have more than a dozen players going away on international duty and Bruce said: “We just have to hope they all come back OK. When they come back we have to regroup them all and get ready for the next challenge.

“The lads will have Friday, Saturday and Sunday off. We will train normally in the week, give them the long weekend and hopefully freshen them up a bit.”

Great News

Still what 10 weeks of the season, touch wood if he dont pick up any injuries i dont see why he cant be involved in the run in next 4 weeks 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TRO said:

It wasn't magic we needed .....it was a ******* snow plough.

The cancelled Derby/Cardiff game looked better conditions than ours.

It was also a joke we played the first 10 mins or so with a white ball all because they had to re calibrate the goaline technology 

18 hours ago, dounavilla said:

Kodja scores the winner in the playoff final - legend.

Would be a bit like Dion coming back from that neck injury to score the penalty to take us to the Cup final.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nabby said:

It was also a joke we played the first 10 mins or so with a white ball all because they had to re calibrate the goaline technology 

I thought with pitch inspections the ball had to run true - in many cases it wouldn’t bounce or roll true - I was surprised the game at Bolton went ahead as we had the snow on the pitch a white ball and Bolton in white shirts - it was farcical at times - granted we did ourselves no favours and it was the same for both teams but there was no way you get get a decent game of football in those conditions .

as for kodjia - good news he will be back late on in the season and should be available for the play offs - he could be the difference.

• Like 3

On 3/21/2018 at 16:31, Eastie said:

- it was farcical at times - granted we did ourselves no favours and it was the same for both teams............

Except they could still play their normal game where as it completely nullified ours.

Â