Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

We will scraping the barrel . . . by having our best striker on the pitch? 

Kodjia never created any ideas or chances, he took them. He would be as lost as Grabban or Hogan in this team currently. 

Edited by Alakagom

8 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

And Kodjia is the guy to create ideas? We are really scraping the barrel then.

A guy who has scored around 40 goals in 2 seasons worth of games. We must be incredible if kodjia is scraping the barrel

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alakagom said:

Kodjia never created any ideas or chances, he took them. He would be as lost as Grabban or Hogan in this team currently. 

He created pretty much all of his 19 goals for us. In a much worse team. 

• Like 3

Just now, DCJonah said:

A guy who has scored around 40 goals in 2 seasons worth of games. We must be incredible if kodjia is scraping the barrel

If you read what I wrote carefully, maybe you'd understand I didn't call him a bad striker, I rate him highly in that regard. 

I am proven wrong, thanks for that. He  did created one chance. And I'm sure one more. But then again hyperboles aren't meant to be taken literally. If only Kodjia played at CAM he would have channeled his inner KDB and provided Hogan and Grabban with hattricks for days.

I'm not trying to be facetious but calling him a creator is stretch, and watching his clip of all the goals he scored for us, almost all look like typical poacher's goals. Saying he created them ouf of nowhere seems pretty wild.

Edited by Alakagom

49 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

I'm not trying to be facetious but calling him a creator is stretch, and watching his clip of all the goals he scored for us, almost all look like typical poacher's goals. Saying he created them ouf of nowhere seems pretty wild.

I think Kodjia is probably the most creative striker we have had in years (bar maybe Benteke), at times he picked up the ball last season and you would instantly think he was going to create a chance to score.

He creates goals in the sense of creating a chance for himself to score rather than creating a chance for someone else to score. 

• Like 1

Hopefully he is fit , if things are going poorly in the play-offs ,as 4 strikers on the pitch didn't work we can try 5 maybe thats the magic number ...

He is the one striker who can create something out of nothing , he can run with the ball and take players on so yes having him back will help us

13 hours ago, Alakagom said:

I am proven wrong, thanks for that. He  did created one chance. And I'm sure one more. But then again hyperboles aren't meant to be taken literally. If only Kodjia played at CAM he would have channeled his inner KDB and provided Hogan and Grabban with hattricks for days.

Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to suggest he should be playing at number 10. He's a striker, so of course he will be on the end of chances more often than he will be creating them. The point I'm making is that he's a much better footballer than any of our other strikers. Giving him the ball is more likely to lead to a chance being created - for him or for someone else - than giving the ball to Hogan or even Grabban. 

• Like 2

Yes definitely has a role, at our best, i.e. against Wolves, we don't really need him, as there can be a better flow to our attacks without him, we can be more efficient and quicker on the counter. However it's games like yesterday where Kodjia does distinguish himself. When our attacking midfield players fail to find the quality, it's often when Kodjia conjures something out of nowhere. 

• Like 1

When we're playing well, with Kodjia in the team, Kodjia would score goals but the team would score less - when you give him the ball, you're done, you watch him - he'll either score or lose the ball. When we're playing well, the team score goals from all over the pitch, they move and share the ball well.

When we're not playing well, Kodjia will still score goals - he doesn't need the team to do it - it's his strength and his weakness - he plays on his own, almost regardless of his team mates.

We're not playing well - Kodjia would bring us goals.

Â