Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

41 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Apart from Jack, he is our best player so I would say if he isn't good enough for the PL then we are in serious trouble. 

His decision making is bad but it's no worse than 80% of the players in the PL. It's what stops you from being a top player in the PL. Gabby was awful with his decision making at times and he still regularly scored 10+ goals for us. 

Indeed.

Another way to look at it might be that Kodjia in an all round more creative and well balanced side (as we now appear to be), doesn't have to do it all and frequently make bad choices - others can and will contribute. 

Wondering out loud... given Bruce's liking for two up top, do we think Kodjia could work well with Grabban beside him, Jack behind and Snoddy/Albert on the wings?

I guess personnel could and probably will change quite dramatically if we go up, so slightly pointless speculating, but it's certainly possible that just as we finally start to look the part in terms of ideal formation, once we're in the Prem, everything changes and we're back to battling for that cohesion and identity we've only just rediscovered!   

8 hours ago, omariqy said:

Apart from Jack, he is our best player so I would say if he isn't good enough for the PL then we are in serious trouble. 

His decision making is bad but it's no worse than 80% of the players in the PL. It's what stops you from being a top player in the PL. Gabby was awful with his decision making at times and he still regularly scored 10+ goals for us. 

yeah to be fair.. he had the right idea going on his own last season. Everyone else would butcher the chance. He was our best option for a goal. 

Maybe with Grealish Snoddy and Alby behind him... geez.. Who would stop that front line in the championship?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, omariqy said:

No doubt in my mind that if we had Kodjia up front with the midfield we have now then we would be talking about 1st place.

Yes, we have been robbed of it really. if Kodjia was here I do think we would be very close to 2nd. 

Just now, Nath182 said:

Back to full training on Monday according to Bruce! :D

but he doubts he will play this season. Shit if he can run.. id have him on the bench against Wolves! (Kidding)

I think he will be back after the International break. 

If he gets up to speed and feels comfortable in training over the next couple weeks (plus international break coming up), no reason he cant play a part in the final 5/6 games. 

If we dont get that automatic spot id feel a lot more confident in playing the likes of Fulham with the likes of Kodjia, Grabban, Grealish, Snodgrass, Adomah all fit

• Like 1

Â