Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

39 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Let's replace Adomah's 13 goals and 3 assists this season with Traore's 3 goals and 5 assists and see where we'd be.

Nobody is saying we shouldn't have swapped them. The deal was the right thing to do for the short term as it's all about getting promoted. A 19 year Adama was not going to help us achieve that. 

But in the long term I'm convinced Adama will leave Boro for a very big fee. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nobody is saying we shouldn't have swapped them. The deal was the right thing to do for the short term as it's all about getting promoted. A 19 year Adama was not going to help us achieve that. 

I agree, except it wasn't a swap, I remember they were 2 separate transfers at separate times but quite close together

36 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think we have a sell on clause or something in the deal, according to reports at the time.

Would have been good to have a buyback. lol

If he fulfills the potential he is capable of with his athleticism he could be frightening.

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That's nowhere near the point.

But what is the point? As has been pointed out endlessly, the man refused to get kitted up for an Aston Villa game when selected and then demanded a transfer. So whatever he does is a moot point.

Anyway, this is the Kodjia thread. 

Has there been any indication of how far away Kodjia is from being fit enough for a spot on the bench? I have seen various clips and pictures over the last few weeks about ice baths and medicine ball drills, but no idea of how far off he is?

6 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Has there been any indication of how far away Kodjia is from being fit enough for a spot on the bench? I have seen various clips and pictures over the last few weeks about ice baths and medicine ball drills, but no idea of how far off he is?

I read April he could be back in training. Season ending in May.. not much time to get back to full fitness. Could make an appearance from the bench if we have play off matches? surely worth a go for 20 minutes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KSV said:

I read April he could be back in training. Season ending in May.. not much time to get back to full fitness. Could make an appearance from the bench if we have play off matches? surely worth a go for 20 minutes. 

Ok, thank you. Not quite back to full training yet then. I think you assessment is about right. I guess if all goes to plan he might make the bench for the final couple of matches, maybe grabbing the goal to secure auto promotion spot. :)

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

Adama is shit.

He's 21 years old, played for Barcelona, played for 2 clubs in the Premier League (us and Middlesbrough), he's still very young. In my opinion, he has massive potential but that's what it is, potential, only he can fulfil it

• Like 2

Due to his ‘athleticism’ and minimal footballing brain I imagine traore will be done by his mid-twenties. 

His body appears way over developed whilst still growing naturally and he’ll suffer injuries and niggles. 

Its similar to Micah Richards. An impressive physical specimen for his age but lacking in ability once his physicality was shot with injury. 

• Like 1

Anyone of you think Traore would actually turn into a good player under Bruce? Traore was extremely selfish and never passed. Pulis is the first manager to actually get Traore to do anything. Kodjia has been extremely selfish under Bruce, and that hasn't changed. We wouldn't get the same Traore we see now.

We were 100% correct to get Adomah. If we go up, any future transfer fee for Traore will be irrelevant because we would have achieved our goal with the player with got from that deal. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He's 21 years old, played for Barcelona, played for 2 clubs in the Premier League (us and Middlesbrough), he's still very young. In my opinion, he has massive potential but that's what it is, potential, only he can fulfil it

Got relegated with 2 clubs too .

• Like 1

Â