Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

A fully fit kodjia linking up with snodgrass, grealish and adomah in the form they are in would be fairly unstoppable at this level. 

If we had a fully fit kodjia i'd say promotion was guaranteed. As others have said, the idea he couldn't do the same, if not more than hogan is laughable. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Eastie said:

Not disputing that , my point to the original poster was he couldn’t play a similar role to jack - I like kodjia and he did great last season but he did lose possession an awful lot through overdoing  it - if he could get that team play into his game he would be a great asset - more than happy to see him and hogan battling it out up front . 

I never said he could play a similar role to Jack. I pointed out Jack used to slowour play down by holding on to the ball too long something Kodija does. 

6 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

So he can be selfish and slow up our own attacks? I don't think we miss him as much as you make out, we've been a better team without him. 

We have been a better team this year clearly. However, I don't think it's because Kodjia is not here, but because we have newbies like JT and Snodgrass. I believe Kodjia would buy into the team thingy, JT would make sure of it. With Kodjia up front and Grealish, Snoddy and Albert behind him, we'd be comfortably better than we are now. Also, where Kodjia is selfish, Hogan does nothing. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, AVTuco said:

We have been a better team this year clearly. However, I don't think it's because Kodjia is not here, but because we have newbies like JT and Snodgrass. I believe Kodjia would buy into the team thingy, JT would make sure of it. With Kodjia up front and Grealish, Snoddy and Albert behind him, we'd be comfortably better than we are now. Also, where Kodjia is selfish, Hogan does nothing. 

I found this pretty funny. It's so true though. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Does anyone have any idea how long he will take to get himself match fit now he is able to do ball work?

Surely we should see him next month or April at least.

Plays with the ball, not ball work. Need him at our traing ground first, then a month before I think he plays games. If he is back match fit for the playoffs I am happy. 

Imagine if we can field this team in a play off final. I wouldnt want to be the other side. 

------------------------Kodjia-------------------------

Adomah----------Grealish--------Snodgrass

----------------Hourihane----Bikir/Mile----------

Hutton-------Chester----Terry----Tuanzebe

----------------------Johstone-----------------------

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Do we have the loan players up to the final should we get there?  The loans are not up to the millwall game are they?

We (the club, not you) can't be that stupid? Hutton, Terry and Bunn out of contract too, and we have to play our u23 team.

7 minutes ago, villa82 said:

We (the club, not you) can't be that stupid? Hutton, Terry and Bunn out of contract too, and we have to play our u23 team.

Someone needs to clarify this, as I remember ready one time a club had to ask the parent club for permission to play the play off game as loan was up to a certain point. XIa needs to be message don twitter just to put our mind at ease in case its play offs 

Â