Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Whats this talk that some fan spoke to JK and he said hes back in 3 weeks? I assume he meant back to training not full fitness. So if that is the case.. how long will he need to make the bench. Play off time?

8 hours ago, KSV said:

Whats this talk that some fan spoke to JK and he said hes back in 3 weeks? I assume he meant back to training not full fitness. So if that is the case.. how long will he need to make the bench. Play off time?

He will have to play a host of u23 games I would imagine its highly unlikely he will play again this season 

On 3/6/2018 at 19:52, rodders0223 said:

Bruce said in a pre match a few weeks ago he pretty much has zero chance of being fit enough to feature this season.

Last week he upgraded that to a 'slim' chance

One thing with Bruce is that he always seems to overplay the seriousness of injuries.  Whether that's just his cautious nature or whether he's trying not to give too much away to our rivals, who knows.  He said that Adomah was going to be out for a long time with his recent injury, but then wasn't.  It would be great to unleash Kodjia for the tail end of the season, I'd back him and Grabban between them to get the goals we need.

• Like 2

Huge risk playing him at all this season given he's missed pretty much all of it.

I'd probably bring him back into the first team if/when we're either guaranteed automatic promotion or guaranteed to miss out on automatic promotion.  We definitely miss him, though.

Dunno if many of you have ever tried kick ups or playing football with a basket ball but it's bloody heavy compared to a football. Used to get a right telling off by the PE teachers.  

Also the fact he was jogging, dribbling with quick feet for turns and step overs last week, I think he won't be too far away. I think Bruce is playing this down as he doesn't want to rush him back at all but he'll feature towards the end of April. 

6 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Might've been a discussion on here already, excuse me if it has been.

What are peoples thoughts on Kodjia being able to perform in the Premier League?

He’d fall into the can do a job and capable category. I’m sure he’d be able to get 10 goals if fit for a full season. 

The same old argument arises about his awareness and teamwork though, which will be crucial to us if we go up. 

NB I love Kodj. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, A'Villan said:

What are peoples thoughts on Kodjia being able to perform in the Premier League?

I love him....but accept his decision making is iffy.

as you go through the leagues players have to have less flaws and more complete.

not sure about Kodj....he would need to be able to illustrate he could play players in much better.....but has the guile to fit in to the prem.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Apart from Jack, he is our best player so I would say if he isn't good enough for the PL then we are in serious trouble. 

His decision making is bad but it's no worse than 80% of the players in the PL. It's what stops you from being a top player in the PL. Gabby was awful with his decision making at times and he still regularly scored 10+ goals for us. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â