Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

We've moved on and for the better. Without him we're a much better and more clinical team. He's a dangerous player at this level however he slows down our own attacks and dwells on the ball too much. If we do go up then he has even less of a role to play as I'm not convinced he's Premier League quality. 

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We've moved on and for the better. Without him we're a much better and more clinical team. He's a dangerous player at this level however he slows down our own attacks and dwells on the ball too much. If we do go up then he has even less of a role to play as I'm not convinced he's Premier League quality. 

Jack used to slow us down badly with his holding on to the ball but he’s now our key player and drives us on. I feel Kodija can do similar he’d be brilliant if he did the same. Big if though as he’s a lot older but he has only been a striker for a couple of years so is still learning the role. 

2 hours ago, dn1982 said:

Jack used to slow us down badly with his holding on to the ball but he’s now our key player and drives us on. I feel Kodija can do similar he’d be brilliant if he did the same. Big if though as he’s a lot older but he has only been a striker for a couple of years so is still learning the role. 

Style of play has changed somewhat tbf. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dn1982 said:

Not got the skills of jack though and would lose possession more often than not .

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Not got the skills of jack though and would lose possession more often than not .

This isn't fair. He was playing in a team we hardly any creativity. A lot of the time he had to do it himself. 

We are a much better team because we now have better players and better coaching. Not because Kodija isn't in it. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This isn't fair. He was playing in a team we hardly any creativity. A lot of the time he had to do it himself. 

We are a much better team because we now have better players and better coaching. Not because Kodija isn't in it. 

I never said we were better without him  in it - my point is was in reply to kodjia being able to do similar to jack .

they are very different in style and ability , I like kodjia and always have done .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m intrigued to see what Agnew can do with him, but if an offer came in to make our money back for him and we are in the Prem next season then I’d probably sell.

You say he had to make things happen on his own (which was a good thing for last season, due to the lack of goal scorers in the team), but even then he was far too selfish for my liking. And you don’t get that amount of chances to waste/be selfish on in the top tier compared to the championship. I think a top 6 Championship team is his level.

Realistically though, I expect him to be here next season. And hopefully proving me wrong.

I don't think I'd start him if he was fit. Remember how frustrating he was just playing for himself? He was selfish and greedy, don't deny it.  Don't get me wrong, his style got us the goals and I'm grateful for that but we're now playing as a team and I think he'd struggle to fit in to this team now. 

• Like 2

Isn't it funny?

How Villa players' profiles differ when they're out of the team.

2-3 weeks ago there was much debate around whether or not we should try to reintegrate McCormack into the team.

Now we've reached a point where Kodjia is apparently redundant.

Really will never figure this forum out, probably what keeps me coming back to be fair.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Isn't it funny?

2-3 weeks ago there was much debate around whether or not we should try to reintegrate McCormack into the team.

Really will never figure this forum out, probably what keeps me coming back to be fair.

Football fans have very short memories. 

I'm not saying he should be made redundant.  I just don't think he should be guaranteed a first team place once fit. It's Hogan's shirt to lose now. But it's all in hindsight anyway as we know he's more or less out for the season.  If we get promoted we'll need new strikers anyway. Hogan and Kodj will be out. I don't think they would be Premier League quality. But that's for another topic.

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Isn't it funny?

Nonsense argument is nonsense.

drebin.jpg

Â