Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

Steve Bruce often makes reference to physicality in this league and so does Steve McClaren and Neil Warnock.

I think Jed epitomise that.....helps create a solid platform

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Is he the best in the division at what he does?

Some of his long range passing yesterday was superb too, quarterback-like. 

However some of his short range passing was an abomination! 

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think he probably is.

37 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Should be captain for me - True warrior and very vocal and confident.

i was a bit worried by chesters comments he found it awkward to criticize players in the dressing room - Chester is a very good player but Jedi is more of a leader for me.

yeah....i know what you mean, but Chester may gain respect in a different way.

e.g Dennis Mortimer wasn't a shouter.

Captains usually pick themselves by their performances and help and guidance......but SB will know all about captains.

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

yeah....i know what you mean, but Chester may gain respect in a different way.

e.g Dennis Mortimer wasn't a shouter.

Captains usually pick themselves by their performances and help and guidance......but SB will know all about captains.

Indeed we have several captains of ex clubs in the team , all leaders in their own way .

Chester is probably the better captain, for three reasons:

a] He is the current incumbent, and you shouldn't change captain for no good reason because you humiliate the person doing the job now, and in this case we don't want to do that,

b] He has worked with Steve Bruce for far longer than all the other players at the club, so should know his methods better, and 

c] Chester is likely to play more minutes than any other outfield player over the course of the season. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Chester is probably the better captain, for three reasons:

a] He is the current incumbent, and you shouldn't change captain for no good reason because you humiliate the person doing the job now, and in this case we don't want to do that,

b] He has worked with Steve Bruce for far longer than all the other players at the club, so should know his methods better, and 

c] Chester is likely to play more minutes than any other outfield player over the course of the season

Compare this to our two captains last year.... 

• Like 2

Would you play Jedinak as CB going forward?

For me he has to be on the pitch at all times, he win's almost everything in the air and some of the balls he plays forward are great. Granted his short passing is awful

In order to play a 4-4-2 Jedinak needs to sit in as a CB as he no longer has the legs to play CM in a 2

At least whilst Baker is injured I would leave him next to Chester and experiment with a 4-4-2

23 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Would you play Jedinak as CB going forward?

For me he has to be on the pitch at all times, he win's almost everything in the air and some of the balls he plays forward are great. Granted his short passing is awful

In order to play a 4-4-2 Jedinak needs to sit in as a CB as he no longer has the legs to play CM in a 2

At least whilst Baker is injured I would leave him next to Chester and experiment with a 4-4-2

No, but it's certainly an option if we're chasing the game. Drop him back in to centre half, and throw on an attacker instead in place of whoever's at CB.

IMO the most unfairly criticised player on the main Villa forums this season.

Yeah his start here wasn't great but people were still giving him massive stick around xmas time. Our contrasting records when he does or doesn't play isn't a co-incidence.

• Like 3

Set to play centre back against Wigan according to Bruce.

Steve Bruce has confirmed that Mile Jedinak will play centre-back at Wigan.

And Bruce says Jedinak can eventually switch positions long-term and play there in the future.

Bruce believes Jedinak will be a “top-class centre-back” in the coming years.

He said: “I thought Mile did very, very well there against Sheffield Wednesday.

“I have seen him play there before and it suits him. For example, anything that comes anywhere near him in the air, he gets his head on it.

“I think he has all the ingredients to be a top-class centre-back.

“That has given me food for thought. He’s going to play there again tomorrow. I thought he was that good. I don’t mind saying that. 

"I thought he was excellent against Sheffield Wednesday.”

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/03/17/jedinak-set-for-new-role

Edited by sexbelowsound

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Interersting. If Hogan is back, back to a 4-4-2 then?

Jedinak only works in a 4-4-2 as centre back IMO.  Would like to see us attempt to play with 2 up top in any case.

On 12/03/2017 at 17:39, dont_do_it_doug. said:

This was one of the facets to the game he added when dropping back against wednesday.  No longer were we able to be pinned back because nobody has the ability to pass the ball forwards.

It seems an obvious move for him at this stage of the career.

It also solves the problem of how to keep him on the pitch and properly play 2 up front.

Fingers crossed he can continue the role as he stated last weekend...but this is Jedi...course he can!

• Like 2

Â