Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

Just shows how important a player of his nature is to this team.  I would try and bring someone up from the youth set up who has similar physical abilities and can play 10 or 15 mins at the end of games next season.  He wont last every game next season so we need someone of the same elk to stand him for him now and then.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Just shows how important a player of his nature is to this team.  I would try and bring someone up from the youth set up who has similar physical abilities and can play 10 or 15 mins at the end of games next season.  He wont last every game next season so we need someone of the same elk to stand him for him now and then.

If only we had an aussie in our reserves who also plays DM :rolleyes:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Need a vice-Jedinak in the summer. As great as he is at this level, can't expect him to be playing nearly 50 games a year.

At first I actually thought this could have been Tish.

We should have gotten one in January! Our fall off would have been less drastic.

However it is a great opporunity to get a young, potentially even better Jedinak in asap.

He will be able to learn from Jedi over the next season, as well as perhaps be able to step up when (hopefully) we get to the Prem!

Jedi ain't a spring chicken either so needed either way.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

He's only just got back from another injury. Hasn't featured for reserves yet either. Been unlucky. Bit like Chris herd... Just couldn't stay fit.

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

I dont think being Australian counts as 'physical atributes'.

Other wise we could just sign Alf from Home and Away, you flamin' mongrel!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Or me. Im 170cm and 90kg. So similar to McCormack.

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

At least he would organise the defense ..... Struth Hutton what are you doing at lb

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

At first I actually thought this could have been Tish.

We should have gotten one in January! Our fall off would have been less drastic.

However it is a great opporunity to get a young, potentially even better Jedinak in asap.

He will be able to learn from Jedi over the next season, as well as perhaps be able to step up when (hopefully) we get to the Prem!

Jedi ain't a spring chicken either so needed either way.

I agree. Jedi training should be conducted at the academy.

" This isn't the ball I am looking for. Excuse me, but I now must search the crowd for whoever is holding my hamster. It is time for his breast feeding."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is this Lyden? I've actually never seen him play, what is he built like?

I've only saw him once, and he played right back in one of the cups games last season (Wycombe or maybe Notts County, I'm not sure).

From memory he acquitted himself quite well, especially if he's a midfielder by trade. That said, he seemed quite a small fella and i don't remember him being particularly combative. 

As i said though, it was only one game so my memories may be a little jaded. 

Jedinak, Kodjia & Adomah are the magic 3.  Since week 20 (15 games), when those 3 have started together (5 times) we've won all 5 games (Wigan, QPR, Burton, Derby, Bristol C). 100%.

We didn't win a single ONE of the other 10 games in that same period when one or more of those 3 were missing from the line-up.  Quite amazing.

Norwich - Adomah didn't start
Leeds - Adomah
Cardiff - Jedi & Kod
Wolves - Kod
Preston - Jedi & Kod
Brentford - Jedi
N Forest - Jedi & Adomah
Ipswich - Jedi & Adomah
Barnsley - Jedi
Newcastle - Adomah

Lyden has been hurt as mentioned, but I hope he does get a chance. He looked like he could hold his own last season in his few appearances. I think he'd be a good back up choice for Jedinak. Plus it must be amazing for him to be learning from the guy Lyden probably aspires to be. 

Â