Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

30 minutes ago, rda91avfc said:

I agree that Gardener can do the job but Bruce needs to get Mile to work with him in training and teach him some positioning. He goes missing alot. Also bulk him up abit lol

Maybe so but I'd want better than Gardner to be honest .

• Like 3

I don't think Gardner can do any job to be honest, at least not if we want to consistently win games.Jedinak should be wrapped in cotton wool next season, Ledley King training just for precaution.

He is on a hell of a retirement package here, so I wonder with that too good to turn down offer, if we even tried to get him to retire from international football. It would be a huge benefit at his age.

• Like 1

I don't think we have anybody who can do what Jedi does best and that's read the game - anticipate the most dangerous attack - position yourself to mess that up.  Reading the game takes a bit of an older head.  Gardner nor Tish can possibly do it (yet, or for several years to come).

17 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I don't think we have anybody who can do what Jedi does best and that's read the game - anticipate the most dangerous attack - position yourself to mess that up.  Reading the game takes a bit of an older head.  Gardner nor Tish can possibly do it (yet, or for several years to come).

Don't agree with the older head part. Kante is probably the best player around at the moment when reading the game, sniffing out danger and being in the right place at the right time. He was 23 when ha came to England and only 25 now. If you're good enough, you're old enough. Gardner isn't good enough.

14 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Been critical of him in the past but he's absolutely crucial.

It seems like You have made the same mistake as I did growing up with Des Bremner.

This role is crucial to the whole balance of the side.

They are not great technical players, but looking beyond that is the makings of a discerning spectator.

its a physical role and he is getting no younger, his legs are getting heavy.

We do need to be looking at players now, so as not to be left without his presence....because his aerial work is sublime.

On 3/6/2017 at 10:40, StefanAVFC said:

Been critical of him in the past but he's absolutely crucial.

IMO you've been rightly critical as he's been for the major part of the season decent to poor when played in a 2 man midfield. He's had a few good games even in the 2 man midfield (if you disregard passing) but for the most part his lack of mobility makes him a liability in that formation.

In the sitting role in a 3 man midfield he can do what he's good at and works much better.

Just as most of us have said all season. 

Really hope Bruce doesn't revert back to any formation with 2 central midfielders once Hogan is fit.

15 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

fair enough, but i would argue that a small number of exceptions does not change the general rule that reading the match comes with years of experience.

Exactly. There are always exceptions but the vast majority of players, certainly at our level and especially in defence, do not 'get there' without years of experience.

2 hours ago, sne said:

IMO you've been rightly critical as he's been for the major part of the season decent to poor when played in a 2 man midfield. He's had a few good games even in the 2 man midfield (if you disregard passing) but for the most part his lack of mobility makes him a liability in that formation.

In the sitting role in a 3 man midfield he can do what he's good at and works much better.

Just as most of us have said all season. 

Really hope Bruce doesn't revert back to any formation with 2 central midfielders once Hogan is fit.

If you operate with 2 wingers.....The central Midfield 2 have to be exceptional.

even in our great days we had .................Mortimer/Bremner & Cowans

• Like 1

Another Aussie we should look at who as Jedinak's long term replacement and plays defensive midfield and has been one of the best players in championship this season:-

Jackson Irvine (Burton Albion)

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Another Aussie we should look at who as Jedinak's long term replacement and plays defensive midfield and has been one of the best players in championship this season:-

Jackson Irvine (Burton Albion)

Has been regularly been getting on the scoresheet from midfield. Think he might have 8 goals now?

• Like 1

Â