Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Was my MOTM. Played brilliantly out of position. Made one shit pass that gave them an opportunity but with that apart he was basically perfect. If he lost an aerial duel all game I can't remember it. 

He won 8/10. 8 being the most in the game, by the way.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Won loads of headers today. Did a very good job even after getting moved position. Maybe something Bruce has been working on with him.

Could he play alongside Chester in a 442 ? Maybe worth thinking about with hogan probably back next week .

we have options and that is vital to be able to switch things depending on circumstance.

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Was fantastic at centre half. 

I can see your future Mile. Maybe not next season, but perhaps the season after. 

Could possibly save us money hey? Even as CB/Backup CB in the Prem! With a younger him starting!

• Like 1

Played very very well today and didn't look at all out of position in the heart of defence against one of the best teams in the league. 

Beat his own record for the most amount of headers I have ever seen a player win in one match. 

I'll be honest, with the way he started his villa career i thought we signed a duff who was past it. An absolute rock now and is integral to us. Could do with another player like him as I worry about our first 11 without him in it. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'll be honest, with the way he started his villa career i thought we signed a duff who was past it. An absolute rock now and is integral to us. Could do with another player like him as I worry about our first 11 without him in it. 

I think we very much need to sign a DM who could come on for him off the bench and rotate with him for the fixtures against the weakest sides in the division. We don't want to have to change our formation all the time when Jedinak is injured or needs a break. I don't think there are many good ones in the division, and the ones that are good - Isaac Hayden, for example - are unattainable, so I think we need to go to the continent for this. 

• Like 1

He's no CB.

Yeah, he's going to win lots of headers but - at his advanced age and having never been quick to start with - he'll struggle against pace and balls played in behind along the ground. His best role is the screen just ahead of the central defensive pairing.

6 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

He's no CB.

Yeah, he's going to win lots of headers but - at his advanced age and having never been quick to start with - he'll struggle against pace and balls played in behind along the ground. His best role is the screen just ahead of the central defensive pairing.

I agree in part, game in and game out then yes he would get found out, but I think there could be numerous opponents or situations you could use him as a cb. 

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just wondering if it would be a good idea to bring Sanchez back next season as back up to Jedi, whilst we search for a long term replacement.

He may indeed be much better in a more settled side?

ThiNk there is an option to buy on him when his loan ends - I'd have him back but not sure it's in our hands now.

• Like 1

Â