Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

I think it's a very sensible move. We lost our dominating centre half and used the players with a similar skillset to fill in. 

Wednesday are one of the better sides in the league and we coped well in midfield even without him there, it'll be good to go out and put in another performance that shows we don't rely too much on having him at CDM

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Well Jedinak at CB will be exposed in the long run, and against decent opposition, as he doesn't have...erm...Jedinak protecting the back four. As a stop gap sure, but long term, this makes zero sense.

This is what I think as well. have him as an emergency cb if required not a permanent cb

I sad earlier that Jed will go missing on international duty after this game for the rest of the month.

Apologies, as our next game after this is Norwich on the 1st of April. He plays UAE in Sydney on the 28th of March, so he should be back in time, fresh as a daisy. :)

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Any reasonable explanation why Elphick isn't starting?

Besides being shite? What other reason would there be. I think losing Mile in midfield will be a problem though.. may have worked in one game.. doesn't mean it'll work every game. Same goes with Hutton and Amavi as wingers in a 442

• Like 3

I think he will sign another CB in the summer.

we need commanding aerial power to push up and squeeze and allow the AM's to support the strikers.

It all comes from the back, we currently sit too deep and creates gaps, which subsequently affects our other aspects of play.

10 hours ago, KSV said:

Besides being shite? What other reason would there be. I think losing Mile in midfield will be a problem though.. may have worked in one game.. doesn't mean it'll work every game. Same goes with Hutton and Amavi as wingers in a 442

Seems like more of a gamble to move three players out of position than to play a centre back experienced at this level to me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Any reasonable explanation why Elphick isn't starting?

I love questions like this:)

Talk about throwing a grenade into a room and scarpering!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Seems like more of a gamble to move three players out of position than to play a centre back experienced at this level to me.

Adomah and Kodjia uptop is a no brainer. They link up well. Hourihane and Lansbury as CM in a 442 will work IMO. Mile at the back will be fine.. i just think Amavi and Hutton as wingers.. may work as make shift but it shouldnt be relied on. I hope he plays others in those positions. Especially when Green returns. 

2 minutes ago, KSV said:

Adomah and Kodjia uptop is a no brainer. They link up well. Hourihane and Lansbury as CM in a 442 will work IMO. Mile at the back will be fine.. i just think Amavi and Hutton as wingers.. may work as make shift but it shouldnt be relied on. I hope he plays others in those positions. Especially when Green returns. 

Will probably be Hogan up top and adomah on the wing, which looks a lot better fit.

Just now, Nigel said:

Will probably be Hogan up top and adomah on the wing, which looks a lot better fit.

On paper yes. I really want to see Adomah uptop. Just felt like he had an aerial prescence and linked up well with Kodjia. Hogan just got back and hes still new to the team.. prefer he starts on the bench. Looked awful in the first few games with Kodjia.. a good pre season will benefit him

Funny how people see different things. 

I remember Adomah seeming a little lost up front, chasing the ball round more than taking up decent positions. A little lightweight too.

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Funny how people see different things. 

I remember Adomah seeming a little lost up front, chasing the ball round more than taking up decent positions. A little lightweight too.

But he read Kodjia for the assist.. great ball to Kodjia. You probably saw the whole game and i didnt.. so ill take your word for it.. but Hogan and Kodjia didnt go near each other. 

There was a moment in one of our home games just before Hogan got injured when the idea of a striker like Hogan showed why it could well work. 

Kodjia did his thing and got a great shot off (cant remember the exact details) but the keeper did his job and held onto the effort. The interesting point was Hogans position, he was right on top of the keeper, had he not held that shot so well it was a tap in.

Its these positions that no one else would have naturally taken up, he has a proper goalscorers brain.

Its how this partnership can work!

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Anyone at the game to see how he did at the back? Sounded like Wigan were all over us but we didn't concede so hopefully a decent display (horrific backpass aside). 

Only the highlights and radio commentary.

Made 1 horrendous pass backwards towards keeper which nearly gifted them a goal.

Also seemed a bit slow (which we all already know)

Aside from that clean sheet though, and not his natural position.

Â