Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

Phil Billing @ Huddersfield?.......Replacement or competition for Jed

or Steven Nzozi @ Sevilla

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Steven Nzozi @ Sevilla

I think that ship has sailed.  He's in his prime and playing excellently for a CL side.

• Like 1

Just now, BOF said:

I think that ship has sailed.  He's in his prime and playing excellently for a CL side.

perhaps my ambition has got the better of me.....its amazing what 2 home wins can do to a frustrated fan:)

• Like 2

Too late now but I'd have liked to see Tish tutored by Jedi under the Managers guidance.

Having said that I've no idea how Tish went about training so there could easily be reasons that never happened.

Could Gardner do it, if he focussed on it ? He's limited technically for sure - and brittle - but it's a vague possibility ?

And I probably need my head examined for even saying it but, seeing as it will be the Championship next year, and Jedi will still be here, for a stand in, Sanchez ?

No maybe not!!

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

Is Tish actually doing much at Forest...last I saw he was an unused sub there and they're below us in the league.

Hope it's not a case of too much too soon for him...getting a big early career move and then going on easy street.

• Like 1

I think if nothing else, Jed has made us revisit the role of the DM by his absence.

Midfield for me is the one department that has some fans confused.

mention a:

• Goalkeeper
  • Full back
  • Centre back
  • Striker

and it is readily identified.

The difference between an AM and DM is significant to me and unless they are exceptionally gifted individuals, it's rare they can do both jobs to any effect.

Its easy to criticise one or the other when they are doing the opposing job to their natural role ....and we must understand as a squad that we need more than one DM.

I some quarters it seems a DM is a necessary evil......I prefer to say they are simply just necessary full stop.

as you probably gather, I love watching a good one, absolutely love it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Is Tish actually doing much at Forest...last I saw he was an unused sub there and they're below us in the league.

Hope it's not a case of too much too soon for him...getting a big early career move and then going on easy street.

I obviously don't know the boys character......but I think he needs some one on one coaching to get him in to a certain role whether it is AM or DM

He looks mentally like a lost soul to me.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, terrytini said:

Too late now but I'd have liked to see Tish tutored by Jedi under the Managers guidance.

Having said that I've no idea how Tish went about training so there could easily be reasons that never happened.

Could Gardner do it, if he focussed on it ? He's limited technically for sure - and brittle - but it's a vague possibility ?

And I probably need my head examined for even saying it but, seeing as it will be the Championship next year, and Jedi will still be here, for a stand in, Sanchez ?

No maybe not!!

Sanchez had many of the same attributes, and faults, of Jedinak. And like Jedinak looks exposed when he doesnt have a decent midfield around him.

I wouldnt mind seeing him play alongside Hourihane and Lansbury but I reckon that particular ship has sailed as I dont think he wants to be at Villa

• Like 2

20 hours ago, terrytini said:

No maybe not!!

I don't think you need your head examined at all.....Sanchez never played in a proper balanced side and folk was expecting him to do stuff, that wasn't his natural role.

Why would he come back to being back up in the English second division when he's a regular for a side 8th in the Italian top division out of interest?

I'm sure Fiorentina or another euro side will come in with a bid and we'll accept, same for Veretout and Gil.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Why would he come back to being back up in the English second division when he's a regular for a side 8th in the Italian top division out of interest?

I'm sure Fiorentina or another euro side will come in with a bid and we'll accept, same for Veretout and Gil.

Pretty sure we are paying them more in wages than any potential club will be willing to do.

But yeah, can't see any of them wanting to come back here, especially to play second division football.

On 2017-03-02 at 18:32, terrytini said:

No maybe not!!

I also had the idea of turning Gardner into the holding midfielder. He is good in the air and quite strong, not on the level of Jedinak, but still good at it. He is a better passer than Jedi so why not. I'd love to find a position for him in the team. Let Jedi guide him and see what happens!

3 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I also had the idea of turning Gardner into the holding midfielder. He is good in the air and quite strong, not on the level of Jedinak, but still good at it. He is a better passer than Jedi so why not. I'd love to find a position for him in the team. Let Jedi guide him and see what happens!

No

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'm not so sure. Natural DM positioning is really key to the role and Gardner instinctively looks forward. Also staying close to move the attacker away from goal is a real skill.
If his passing was epic and he could spray a ball to counter I might agree with you but he can't, sadly, and few players really can.

We just need the club to recognise they need a replacement asap. All this multi role stuff is fine if you have the quality but if not you could end up wasting a players actual ability.

• Like 1

Cheikh N'Doye of Angers? he is bit older as 31 this month but is out of contract in summer, Since he signed for Angers 2 years ago he has been an absolute beast for them and was linked with likes of Chelsea and Man Utd only last summer. He having a great season again.

On a bosman maybe no brainier

Edited by Villan4Life

Â