Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

Beast. 

Play him from now on please. Bring whelan off the bench whilst he gets up to speed and can manage 90mins.

Apart from Terry and Chester, he's the only player capable of winning a header and adding some actual strength to the team. 

• Like 3

Bit pissed off that Jedi will be gone for the best part of the month after literally just getting back on the pitch.

2 games in 2 weeks with all the travelling will be a bit risky for someone not even match fit.

Mile Jedinak appears certain to return to the Socceroos frame for the first time in five months after a much-needed run-out with English club Aston Villa.

And how timely the return of the Socceroos skipper will be.

Australia faces Honduras in a home-and-away intercontinental World Cup play-off in the next fortnight, with the victor gaining a place at the 2018 tournament.

When coach Ange Postecoglou names his 23-man squad on Tuesday, Jedinak – who managed half an hour against Championship cross-town rivals Birmingham City – will be a very welcome addition.

Given Mark Milligan and Mathew Leckie’s suspension-forced absence from the away leg, Jedinak will be ushered back into the fold in a much-needed leadership boost.

clicky

10 hours ago, Nigel said:

Bit pissed off that Jedi will be gone for the best part of the month after literally just getting back on the pitch.

2 games in 2 weeks with all the travelling will be a bit risky for someone not even match fit.

clicky

No chance he manages 180-210 minutes over the two legs. I think he'll play a fair chunk in Honduras (approx 70-90 min) and then not feature as much in the home leg.

I think Jedinak is the best option to replace Terry. He can make that spot his own since Whelan has done well at DM, and I bet he wants to get back out on the pitch. Won't blame Bruce if he tries Jedinak there. 

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

I think Jedinak is the best option to replace Terry. He can make that spot his own since Whelan has done well at DM, and I bet he wants to get back out on the pitch. Won't blame Bruce if he tries Jedinak there. 

Problem is can you really see Jedi staying fit for 8 weeks - wouldn’t be surprised if he returns injured from international duty - a good player but too injury prone 

On 10/31/2017 at 09:08, Hornso said:

No chance he manages 180-210 minutes over the two legs. I think he'll play a fair chunk in Honduras (approx 70-90 min) and then not feature as much in the home leg.

Played the full 90 in Honduras. I'd be very surprised if he does anything other than a cameo appearance come Wednesday.

Good stuff. You forget with the limited role in the team he has for us he's actually a decent set piece taker. Good free kick and well taken penalty.

He'll be really important for us over the xmas period.

Also nice to have some players to follow in the World cup.

Â