Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

Mile has his heading and positioning, Whelan has a bit more mobility and hustle.

Both are terrible with the ball and have poor passing skills.

Together they would make a solid DCM.

Rather have Onomah in that position than any of them tbh.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sne said:

Mile has his heading and positioning, Whelan has a bit more mobility and hustle.

Both are terrible with the ball and have poor passing skills.

Together they would make a solid DCM.

Rather have Onomah in that position than any of them tbh.

Pochettino has already said Onomah needs to improve his DM skills.....and if he does that with us , great.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Whens he due back? 

Guess he could be a straight swap for Whelan? 

Having him back will really step us up a level, he will dominate the middle and provided he sorts his passing out , he’ll have us on the front foot way more often. no more balls bouncing over whelan’s head, Jedi will monster that ball and his nearest opponent before it’s landed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Apparently Jedi, Lansbury and Grealish potentially featuring for the under-23 side against Reading on Monday night.

Seems really injury prone - would be a far better option than whelan but he is so rarely fit 

Edited by Eastie

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Apparently Jedi, Lansbury and Grealish potentially featuring for the under-23 side against Reading on Monday night.

Good news this. I was thinking of Lansbury yesterday; he'd have been the perfect person to bring on to shore up the midfield. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Will be interested to see how we look when he returns. He was one our most important players least season so you'd think he will make a much improved team even stronger.

Even with Whelans negative points the fact is that the team looks really balanced with him in the midfield. 

I wonder whether Jedis introduction will hamper this?

If we were playing against a team where we thought the going maybe tough and that a durable approach needed to be made( i.e away from home)......I would not be disappointed to see Jed and Whelan playing alongside each other in a 4-2-3-1

That would leave 4 players to carry the offensive.....with possibly whelan coming forward to play in those 4 ...with balls just been won.....and jed as the insurance man.

feasible to me.

Edited by TRO

49 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

18 months to run.

Could be worth it if we can hold onto his son in the youth set up, he looks a player.

Yes he will only have a year left next season and i think by then he wouldnt be automatic starter anyways. I expect aftwr the 3 years he will be released so wont be end of the world.

But i tjink he is coming to the end of his career the injuries are taking their toll

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

Even with Whelans negative points the fact is that the team looks really balanced with him in the midfield. 

I wonder whether Jedis introduction will hamper this?

That is true. But maybe the fact players around him are better and more confident will make a difference. But I agree a lot of Whelans work get unnoticed and he does give us balance. 

If it ain't broke...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

If we were playing against a team where we thought the going maybe tough and that a durable approach needed to be made( i.e away from home)......I would not be disappointed to see Jed and Whelan playing alongside each other in a 4-2-3-1

That would leave 4 players to carry the offensive.....with possibly whelan coming forward to play in those 4 ...with balls just been won.....and jed as the insurance man.

feasible to me.

Can already see the Bruce thread meltdown the day we set up like that. I agree it could work against certain opposition though. Actually think we should have packed the midfield against Wolves.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Can already see the Bruce thread meltdown the day we set up like that. I agree it could work against certain opposition though. Actually think we should have packed the midfield against Wolves.

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

so can i .....on the first point

so do I .....on the second

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That is true. But maybe the fact players around him are better and more confident will make a difference. But I agree a lot of Whelans work get unnoticed and he does give us balance. 

If it ain't broke...

He is a paradox as most DM's are if they are not top class.

He does make some cringing mistakes.....but equally takes the sting/edge off the opposition.

Â