Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I hope he doesn't come back in the side yet. For me he is just a backup option. Yes we get results with him, but it's not like we're not getting now anyway. For me we as a team sit far too deep with Jedi playing.

Thats before John Terry arrived.

He could possibly push Jed forward and if we played with whelan too in a 4-2-3-1 whelan could raid and feed the 3 /1with his sorties.

it doesn't have to be as defensive as is first thought.

if the 2 win the ball before it gets to the defence, the very opposite of defence can be achieved.....the front 4 get fed much quicker.

Football can be a paradox at times.

Edited by TRO

Sadly I think he'll be back injured within a month. Once it starts, and at his age and size your bound to pick up injuries as you never have time to get back to 100%.

See him more as a back up either way, but he's useful in certain situations.

22 hours ago, TRO said:

Thats before John Terry arrived.

He could possibly push Jed forward and if we played with whelan too in a 4-2-3-1 whelan could raid and feed the 3 /1with his sorties.

it doesn't have to be as defensive as is first thought.

if the 2 win the ball before it gets to the defence, the very opposite of defence can be achieved.....the front 4 get fed much quicker.

Football can be a paradox at times.

Whelan? Really?

• Haha 1

No way at his age he's going to be match fit. In all honesty he might not be ready till after Christmas for a full game. He could barely make it before he had a lengthy injury. 

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Excellent when he came on IMO, would consider dropping Whelan for him in the next game.

Depending on the opposition yes. They did well together. Whelan Sky MotM

We seemed to improve as soon as Jedi came on. He's great

36 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Excellent when he came on IMO, would consider dropping Whelan for him in the next game.

Nah. He gave away a couple of stupid fouls for no reason. Probably/hopefully just because he’s not match fit. 

Â