Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

21 minutes ago, sne said:

Apparently the first goal is being deemed an own goal by Figueroa.

Always good to have a reliable penalty taker thou.

That's bollocks I believe it was still on target despite the deflection, which means it should be Mile's goal. 

34 minutes ago, av1 said:

How long before Bruce goes with a front 2 of Jedinak and Samba?

Defenders in the first half and attackers in the second?

Perfect for both of them as they could just stay in the same spot at halftime and wont have to waste breath trying to get over the half way line during the break as that is always a hustle with their lack of pace, stamina and mobility. :D

I thought it about time I agreed with you on somat

On 11/10/2017 at 12:52, TRO said:

You are right....but the dilemma at this level is you gain one thing and lose another.....Jed has fine attributes and it clearly makes us more resillient, but yes there is a trade -off. 

yes

FWIW

I see him in a 4-2-3-1 and strangely as it seems I would not rule out him and Whelan playing the 2......now i know the first reaction to that will be OMG what a defensive line up....but I don't necessarily see it has to be that way.  

me too

potentially it would free up the 4 in front freeing up a fullback to support either side/both

If the TEAM play further up the pitch, IF........the 2 ball winners just keep winning the ball and feeding the midfield who in turn keep feeding Kodg......It hinges on the team playing high staying tight to cut out the spaces for the opposition to exploit and squeezing the life out of them.  

yes

I am not suggesting it is pretty, but I think it can be effective against teams we do not want to dominate possession.....or teams away we want to keep their crowd quiet.  

I have to disagree here

It would be 100 times prettier than the Bruce-Ball-Hoof-Ball

I think we have hit on a formation of 4-4-2 that gives us a balanced look.....but personally I would not rule out an alternative particularly away from home against a decent side.

:ph34r:

:cheers:

Â