Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

5 minutes ago, imavillan said:

he doesn't look fit to me and if anything looks over weight.

I think that's just his build to be honest. he's the championship version of Wayne Rooney. the problem is that having spent £12m on a 30 year old there will be no resale value. he basically needed to help us get promoted this season to justify his price tag and I don't see that happening.

• Like 2

I would dispute the best player tag, Scotland don't ever call him up and they're rubbish and he's played all his career in the championship which surprises me.

Ayew for all his faults is a regular at International level and has played champions league football for Marseille. I would say his CV is far superior to RMC.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I would dispute the best player tag, Scotland don't ever call him up and they're rubbish and he's played all his career in the championship which surprises me.

Ayew for all his faults is a regular at International level and has played champions league football for Marseille. I would say his CV is far superior to RMC.

I'm not sure a CV is the best judge of a footballer I mean take a look at Djimi Traore's CV compared to say Le Tiss who never won a thing. (Just quick examples that came to mind).

In my view Ayew is nowhere near as good a footballer regardless of who he has played for.

• Like 1

Well if you judge Villa performances I have to say I've been underwhelmed by his games so far...neat and tidy, some nice touches and scored a couple but I expected a dominant championship striker.

And as predicted he's proving very difficult to fit into the team without upsetting the balance.

Mind you knowing your opinion of him Trent you might aswell copy and paste those comments and put that in the Ayew thread. ;)

15 hours ago, imavillan said:

he doesn't look fit to me and if anything looks over weight. Perhaps thats why he is not getting in as a regular?

Noted this as well. Maybe on the same fitness programme as Agbonlahor? :)

12 hours ago, R.Bear said:

Is there any danger of him contributing anything to game anytime soon? If anything he's getting worse.

It's because he is being wasted! He is best as the number 10, skill , a killer pass and eye for goal, he is not a power runner or brute.

• Like 1

I like him and seems to be the only player we have capable of a neat pass to play someone through on goal. 

I'd play him off kodjia with ayew and adomah either side of him but that requires a midfield two, which is risky with our current midfielders. 

• Like 2

Similar to when we played Rotherham, I think this type of game is suited to him.

We're going to be pressing high against a team that in all likelihood will come to defend in numbers.  The counter-attacking football we've been playing isn't going to work, so its going to be less about pace and more about neat interplay around the edge of their box.

• Like 2

I'd leave him out of the squad all together, I just can't fit him in anywhere and he doesn't suit our style of play or compliment the other players that do fit in with how we line up and play.

Neil Warnock was spot with his comments about McCormack earlier this season. He isn't a bad player but was a bad signing

Â