Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

On 11/21/2016 at 21:26, VillaChris said:

Given the lack of preparation in the teams RDM sent out I honestly think during the summer he went through the list of regular championship scorers...saw McCormack regularly hitting 20 a season and thought well if he could do it for those teams he can do it here...without thinking how he'd fit into the system.

Didn't we target Kodjia first? Bristol started playing hardball so we probably had McCormack as back up.

Don't see him starting Saturday. Grealish is more likely given his lively cameo and Steve Bruce likes starting him in home games. Adomah is undroppable atm also.

I think we have done this many times looked at their goal scoring record and been blinded by it.....while its important, its not the be all and end all.

Remember signing Guy whittingham, when it should have been his partner Paul Walsh.....Then we signed Tony Cascarino, when it should have been his partner Teddy Sheringham.

goals in isolation are only a part of the story, big part granted, but only a part.....they have to be blended.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think we have done this many times looked at their goal scoring record and been blinded by it.....while its important, its not the be all and end all.

Remember signing Guy whittingham, when it should have been his partner Paul Walsh.....Then we signed Tony Cascarino, when it should have been his partner Teddy Sheringham.

goals in isolation are only a part of the story, big part granted, but only a part.....they have to be blended.

Tony Cascarino, Cascarino in the air 

I rate McCormack very highly and still think we will see him play a big role in the second half of the season  - he is way ahead of most of this League in football brains and an excellent finisher -at some point we will play a way that suits his game, we will need the whole squad.

TRO I couldn't agree more - one of the most common mistakes in football.....I recall my Dad telling me way back in the 3rd Division that Phil Boyer was the man that made Ted MacDougall tick - but Frank O Farrell lacked my Old Mans wisdom and signed Ted on his own.  After scoring around 100 goals at 2 every 3 games he only scored 10 in 2 years at United and West Ham, then 'Lo and Behold' he was teamed up with Boyer again and went goal mad.........I know its a while ago but it just shows some guys know their football and some don't !!

21 hours ago, terrytini said:

I rate McCormack very highly and still think we will see him play a big role in the second half of the season  - he is way ahead of most of this League in football brains and an excellent finisher -at some point we will play a way that suits his game, we will need the whole squad.

TRO I couldn't agree more - one of the most common mistakes in football.....I recall my Dad telling me way back in the 3rd Division that Phil Boyer was the man that made Ted MacDougall tick - but Frank O Farrell lacked my Old Mans wisdom and signed Ted on his own.  After scoring around 100 goals at 2 every 3 games he only scored 10 in 2 years at United and West Ham, then 'Lo and Behold' he was teamed up with Boyer again and went goal mad.........I know its a while ago but it just shows some guys know their football and some don't !!

It may be a while ago, but principles remain the same.

He is a wily old fox is Neil Warnock, he is a manager again now.....talking about other teams players was ok on Talk Sport.

I would take what he says, in his current role, with a pinch of salt.

.....its reminiscent of straight out of the Alex Ferguson book of disruption.

12 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Judging by the few times I have seen him playing for us, he is very much a team player. I think he is very unselfish for a striker, and his record supports that view. Warnock is talking shit.

He really isn't, we're finding it very difficult to accommodate him for the money we've paid.

He's been more sub than starter under Bruce so far.

12 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Judging by the few times I have seen him playing for us, he is very much a team player. I think he is very unselfish for a striker, and his record supports that view. Warnock is talking shit.

He isn't. When the team isn't geared up to suit him he is shit. For every 20 goal season he has had there are plenty of seasons where he has been nowhere near double figures.

I thought he started really well for us, there were three or four games were we created 15-20 chances with him in the team, but we weren't converting enough and we were ridiculously top heavy.

My fear is Bruce wants an attacking set up made up of Kodjia, Adomah, Gabby and Grealish. I am not sure Ayew and McCormack fit into the system he wants to play, they along with Gestede are back up. Which if that is how Bruce sees it then fair enough as we are playing well.

There are enough games plus players likely to go off to play internationally that we will need everyone. 

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

McCormack is a very good player, people need to chill out, hen injuries, suspensions, AFCON etc come into play and he starts getting more minutes i'm sure he will show this.

I think Bruce might be ruffling a few feathers amongst those players that aren't playing, like mccormack.

13 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I think Bruce might be ruffling a few feathers amongst those players that aren't playing, like mccormack.

You saying his chickens might come home to roost?

Really need him to start playing on a regular basis if he is to be in form when the AFCON starts in January and we'll have to rely on him.

845 mins played after 17 games and 2 goals in the league is not enough considering we payed a fortune for him

Â