Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

His real problem is his position in the team!  

He is not a traditional striker, yet hes obviously not a midfielder.  He can only really play the no.10 role, which means the team has basically got to be built around him to get the best from his talents.

Personally I would love to see Bruce give this a go as hes proved himself a class act before, but Im not sure he has anywhere near enough confidence in him.

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:36, Nigel said:

His real problem is his position in the team!  

He is not a traditional striker, yet hes obviously not a midfielder.  He can only really play the no.10 role, which means the team has basically got to be built around him to get the best from his talents.

Personally I would love to see Bruce give this a go as hes proved himself a class act before, but Im not sure he has anywhere near enough confidence in him.

Ayew should be the number 10 in this team.

I was thinking back to his previous clubs...didn't likes of Cardiff and Leeds play 4-3-3 and he played as a wide forward on occasions (similar to what Kodjia is doing). At Cardiff Bothroyd was the main out and out striker and Leeds have Becchio upfront.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I didnt he get booked on Saturday meaning he is banned vs Brighton?

Have to admit I havent been overly impressed with him. Would have much rather spent the money on ritchie 

Assombalonga I said at the time

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

So what we're saying is that Neil Warnock was completely correct to question Villa buying Ross and that everything he said regarding how to fit him in the team was bang on the money.

Yes

44 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Just needs a bit of time to settle, it hasn't helped that he hasn't played every week, or that our formation doesn't really fit for him.

Jedinak was given time and has now been one of our best players over the last two weeks.

Yeah but the difference is Jedi fits into Brucies system and unfortunately Ross doesn't at least for the moment. 

Like a few have said RM seems to only be able to play in limited positions in limited formations. 

Nothing against the fella but just dont see him thriving for Villa especially now we have Codjer firing on all cylinders. 

Herein lies where RDM went wrong. He created an unbalanced squad. Bruce had come in and given us some balance, and low and behold our 12m player is not an inked in name on the team sheet. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

23 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

What's his goal ratio at the moment? Can't see McCormack now I'd sell in summer if he doesnt improve. Might be able to get 7-9m if we are lucky

I don't think any club that could afford £7m would be interested to be honest. I would offload him and take the hit at that price but just cannot see it.

Hasn't had a regular run in his main position since he's been here

Sell him in January then watch him bang in about 10 - 15 goals by March he's scored goals consistently throughout his career and you don't lose that overnight

It's a bit late now to be cutting our losses we overpaid for him without a doubt yes but i'd like to give him more than six months in a villa shirt to prove his worth...

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think any club that could afford £7m would be interested to be honest. I would offload him and take the hit at that price but just cannot see it.

I think you would be surprised, he is very highly rated at this level. If I was gonna sell it would be best summer, could bite us on the arse

I think he should've played the 10 role at the weekend with Kodija up top. We briefly went to that for the end of the 1st half but Bruce changed it back at half time. He must've wanted to keep the pace out wide. It'd been interesting who Bruce picked if Ayew wasn't injured a straight choice between Jack and Ross as the 10. I think he'll come good but case him going in the summer if we go up. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Id like to see him given a run of games starting behind Kodjia especially at home.

It may mean a slight reshuffle in terms of personnel (ie playing bacuna in one of the winger roles) to give a bit of balance

We will need the squad when we start playing 2 games a week again..  

Â