Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

3 hours ago, roscoe said:

If Ayew and others could spot a pass, he would have half a dozen goals to his name already. 

Exactly, i'm wondering where this "been poor" is coming from with some posters. I see a very intelligent little player with great movement, was fliping wide open in space the the other day and Kodjia completely ignores him. Over  the years we have had a few players like him who have been wasted here either by being played out of position, or having complete dross around them and they go on to be deemed as "shite"

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

isn't he notorious for starting the season slow? You can tell by his movement and touch that this guy is a proper baller, keep the faith.

Yeah, I seem to recall a fan of one of his former clubs saying on here that he took a couple of months before he hit it off at their club. I am not concerned in the slightest at the moment, I think he will come good for us as long as he stays injury free.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

The case of Kodjia not passing to him the other day can be put down to the team being new and unaccustomed to each other, but only for the short term. 

I actually don't have the same issue with the one as I did the Ayew one vs Bristol. Kodjia had a micro second to make a snap decision and he backed himself. He's a striker and not the most 'football intelligent' of players, so meh. 

Ayew had time, was running in to space, that was just plain selfish. He's better than that and I expected better. 

Either way, Ross was there and I'd have backed him to finish. Having watched him several times over the years, he doesn't miss many. He's hit the woodwork a couple of times with long range efforts, missed a penalty (in a weird situation). The goals will come and this conversation will be deemed irrelevant. 

I like Mcscoremack and all the other strikers, matter of time until he cements a place and the team is optimised by Bruce. If he isn't getting a game then that's good news for us as it means the other lads are doing well. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I actually don't have the same issue with the one as I did the Ayew one vs Bristol. Kodjia had a micro second to make a snap decision and he backed himself. He's a striker and not the most 'football intelligent' of players, so meh. 

Ayew had time, was running in to space, that was just plain selfish. He's better than that and I expected better. 

Either way, Ross was there and I'd have backed him to finish. Having watched him several times over the years, he doesn't miss many. He's hit the woodwork a couple of times with long range efforts, missed a penalty (in a weird situation). The goals will come and this conversation will be deemed irrelevant. 

They're both used to being the 'main man' in their teams too, so it'll take a little adjustment I'd imagine. If they can get a partnership going, with McCormack's positioning and Kodjia's craftiness, they could be a formidable partnership.

10 hours ago, lexicon said:

The case of Kodjia not passing to him the other day can be put down to the team being new and unaccustomed to each other, but only for the short term. 

You have got to be kidding surely?

That was basic awareness.

• Like 1

It's difficult for him at the moment - he's a player that plays the traditional forward role very well, linking midfield to another striker, playing one two's, little runs and through balls, and he can finish - but we're not that side at the moment, the forward roles in the team currently are about physicality - about chasing and making things happen, dribbling, strength, pace - he's not so good at those things, so I think he's rightly on the bench. I think he'll stay there until our midfield improves, but I think there's a role to play for him off the bench until that happens.

Should be starting ahead of Gestede, offers a hell of a lot more and it was no coincidence we looked a lot more threatening once he came on. His play to put Ayew through was brilliant. 

Kodjia, McCormack with Ayew and Adomah in support is the way forward.

Â