Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

10 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Warnock said luxury player unless team is biild around him is not a team player (along those lines)

Seems pretty fair to me, to get the best out of him you need to adapt your formation to suit his playing style.

He need's to try to fit into our new formation as best he can for the remainder of the season, whether that's playing in the midfield, playing out wide, or playing up top with wide players supporting. 

Meh, waste of money really imo. 

Could have really done with spending that money on a decent midfielder. Ross just isn't going to work out for us I fear. I'd rather play Grealish all day every day.

I do think he's a clever player, but he just doesn't fit in our system at all. No idea what RDM was thinking. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Meh, waste of money really imo. 

Could have really done with spending that money on a decent midfielder. Ross just isn't going to work out for us I fear. I'd rather play Grealish all day every day.

I do think he's a clever player, but he just doesn't fit in our system at all. No idea what RDM was thinking. 

because he was RDM's signing... I really do wonder what went on with us signing both Koj and Ross.

16 minutes ago, villakram said:

because he was RDM's signing... I really do wonder what went on with us signing both Koj and Ross.

Me too, McCormack has never been in great physical shape and he is probably getting to the arse end of his career too

4 hours ago, villakram said:

Given the lack of preparation in the teams RDM sent out I honestly think during the summer he went through the list of regular championship scorers...saw McCormack regularly hitting 20 a season and thought well if he could do it for those teams he can do it here...without thinking how he'd fit into the system.

Didn't we target Kodjia first? Bristol started playing hardball so we probably had McCormack as back up.

Don't see him starting Saturday. Grealish is more likely given his lively cameo and Steve Bruce likes starting him in home games. Adomah is undroppable atm also.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Warnock said luxury player unless team is biild around him is not a team player (along those lines)

I think he got his words a bit tangled up...id bet he was about how inflexible he was rather than his work for the team.

On 21/11/2016 at 16:14, Grasshopper said:

Hard to disagree.  if he would have added "total waste of money at that price" he could not have been closer to the truth

I like his movement.  It's smart.  Ideally you'd have him playing deep striker and Koj sitting on the last man.

I mean, the through ball assist for Gestede at the start of the season really was something I'd not seen us do in years. 

Buuuuut, whilst we are winning and playing ok, you can't change it.

• Like 2

Â