Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

14 hours ago, mjmooney said:

My Sharona won't work. The run up to the title chant is just a bass riff - no words and too little tune to even la-la too. 

really?

Could sing the Duh duh duh part.. and then AAROOON TSHIBOLLLA... WOOOOO then a little dance after it. haha

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KSV said:

really?

Could sing the Duh duh duh part.. and then AAROOON TSHIBOLLLA... WOOOOO then a little dance after it. haha

Anything to get The Knack back on track for their billing as the next Beatles.

Exclusive: £5m Tshibola set for Villa medical

Date published: Friday 8th July 2016 9:22

Aaron Tshibola: Set for Villa medical

Reading midfielder Aaron Tshibola will undergo a medical at Aston Villa today before completing a £5million transfer, sources have told TEAMtalk.

Earlier in the week Aston Villa lodged a £5million bid for sought-after star and that is believed to have been accepted by the Royals, who have released the player for personal talks and a medical check.

Norwich had a bid accepted for Tshibola last month, but the fee was reported to be only £2million. That move collapsed and with more interest in the player from the likes of West Brom, Crystal Palace, Norwich and Celtic the fee for the player has risen dramatically.

Tshibola, 21, made his breakthrough for the Royals last season and new Reading boss Jaap Stam was desperate to keep the player.

“His future is here with us, I don’t want him to leave and I have spoken to the club. He’s a young player with so much quality. He needs to stay at Reading,” Stam said last month.

“He’s the kind of player we want to keep at the club, you don’t want to sell them. Maybe clubs would be tempted if a certain offer came in but I’ve spoken to the owners and told them I don’t want to sell and that he needs to stay.

“Of course, it’s up to Aaron as well, but you know how football works. There are a lot of agents involved and everybody is looking after their own interests.

“A lot of rumours come from that but for me he is going nowhere, he is staying at the club.”

2 signings today?

Just now, VillaChris said:

Just don't expect big things from him straight away...Gary Gardner is vastly more experienced at this level for one.

Tshibola seems universally rated by Reading fans - Gary Gardner not so much by Forest fans.

But yes, expectations should not be too high, he's not a relatively inexperienced player.

5.5 mill a lot of money almost what we paid for Delph who was a lot more experienced at that level

Lets hope he turns out to be decent like he was

Edited by AshVilla

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

5.5 mill alot of money almost what we paid for Delph who was alot more experienced at that level bit of a risky one

Yea but to be fair that was 7-8 years ago, things have changed drastically in transfer fees in that time. Also it is rumored to be a much smaller fee up front and the £5.5m is with add ons.

9 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

5.5 mill a lot of money almost what we paid for Delph who was a lot more experienced at that level

I thought Delph was £8m back in the day? :o

11 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

That was 2 TV deals ago

57 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Delph had made 1 appearance in the Championship when we paid almost £6m for him League One.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Just don't expect big things from him straight away...Gary Gardner is vastly more experienced at this level for one.

experienced may be ,  but is he as good?

I dont see 5M (which is the speculated figure and the real figure will be less) as a large amount when the likes of Bournemouth are spending 15M on a player.  Some of the fees in the premier league are obscene this summer.  5M for a sought after young midfielder who is for the now and the future when we are hopefully back in the top division seems a pretty decent fee to me

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Who is that Delph fellow you mention? ;) If it is the one I am thinking of "decent" is one of the few things I would not call that slithering snake! 

The transfer market has seen prices increase significantly in recent years (just look at the sort of money currently being paid for players by PL clubs) we were just not part of it due to our previous owner. I'm glad to see us trying to bring in players and our new owner being prepared to match selling club's demands to try to bring in the players RDM wants. I think we can expect £5m to be somewhere near the average cost of players coming into Villa Park during this window.   

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

The fees are not comparable due to hyper-inflation.

I spoke to a few reading supporters and they said Tshibola was really good before getting hurt. They are sad to see him go. Apparently Tshibola and Williams were a big reason why Reading started out well last season, then eventually fell off when both got injured. 

Glad to see we are adding in much need height. I feel very confident with Tshibola, Gana, Veretout, Gardner, and Lyden next season. 

2 hours ago, Richard said:

I dont see 5M (which is the speculated figure and the real figure will be less) as a large amount when the likes of Bournemouth are spending 15M on a player.  Some of the fees in the premier league are obscene this summer.  5M for a sought after young midfielder who is for the now and the future when we are hopefully back in the top division seems a pretty decent fee to me

Agreed, plus Trent has already mentioned that the £5.5m total is likely to be built up from a smaller initial transfer fee followed by hitting various KPI's.

Â