Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

Will he sign in time to go on the pre season tour tomorrow?

And some of the song suggestions are laughable, the back of the Holte struggle to sing Villa, Villa, Villa in tune!!

• Like 1

We certainly don't sing Ghost Riders in the Sky in tune.  It's amusing when it's played post game in the social and the everyone has to adapt the way they sing it to fit the tune.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jimbop said:

I'm backing the The Kinks - Lola, tune. Slightly amended lyrics to those suggested by Gary Thomas as I think it would fit a chanting crowd easier - '6 foot 3 and a beast of a guy; flying into tackles send you up to the sky, TISH-BOW-LA! La la la la - la - TISH-BOW-LA'

Winner for me. 

You would think his signing would have been done before Gollini. Maybe they just want to announce it together. But by all reports is he hasnt had a medical yet. 

9 hours ago, AshVilla said:

This one has gone a bit quiet hasn't it

He was rumoured to be having a medical yesterday haven't heard anything today

Double unveiling with Gollini?

Think he was back in training with Reading yesterday.

The quoted fee was well over the top given his experience. Maybe we need to shift westwood or A.N. Other before we can get this player in.

Very exciting prospect in some ways - but is now the time for prospects ? 

• Like 1

The press rarely know the actual fee's for transfers or in particular the structure of the deals. There are whispers and there are guesses but depending on the nature of the deal both the buying and selling club have reasons to want to talk up or talk down the fee.

On this particular link you see different prices quoted by different media outlets which suggests they're guessing or aren't certain.

Personaly I think if this goes through, and there is no reason to think it won't that I can see, I think the fee will be more like £2m-£3m with a series of add on's triggered by either player or club performance.

I don't think on that basis it's a large amount to pay, to be honest I don't think £5m up front is a huge amount in the current market either. 

The price of Championship players has been rising for a while now with players moving even within the same division for £4m or £5m with increasing regularity. Last season Burnley paid £10m for Andre Gray, Boro over £10m for Rhodes, Derby £6m for Bradley Johnson the list goes on.

I know they are all more experienced but I think it puts it into perspective. £5m doesn't buy you proven quality Championship players any more so the price for young and promising Championship players is also going to be higher.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

The press rarely know the actual fee's for transfers or in particular the structure of the deals. There are whispers and there are guesses but depending on the nature of the deal both the buying and selling club have reasons to want to talk up or talk down the fee.

On this particular link you see different prices quoted by different media outlets which suggests they're guessing or aren't certain.

Personaly I think if this goes through, and there is no reason to think it won't that I can see, I think the fee will be more like £2m-£3m with a series of add on's triggered by either player or club performance.

I don't think on that basis it's a large amount to pay, to be honest I don't think £5m up front is a huge amount in the current market either. 

The price of Championship players has been rising for a while now with players moving even within the same division for £4m or £5m with increasing regularity. Last season Burnley paid £10m for Andre Gray, Boro over £10m for Rhodes, Derby £6m for Bradley Johnson the list goes on.

I know they are all more experienced but I think it puts it into perspective. £5m doesn't buy you proven quality Championship players any more so the price for young and promising Championship players is also going to be higher.

But if you look up his record he is barley a championship player. - He made I believe 23 appearances for Hartlepool in the division below.  And round about 15 for reading last season - Don't know how true it is - but I have heard he only completed 90 minutes on 3 occasions last season.

£5m up front looks a massive fee to me - esp given his injury record as well.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, hippo said:

But if you look up his record he is barley a championship player. - He made I believe 23 appearances for Hartlepool in the division below.  And round about 15 for reading last season - Don't know how true it is - but I have heard he only completed 90 minutes on 3 occasions last season.

Did you miss the part where Trent said £2-3m upfront with add ons?

Edited by sexbelowsound

31 minutes ago, hippo said:

He said 2-3m with add ons hippo 

54 minutes ago, hippo said:

He doesn't have an 'injury record' he had two unrelated injuries. I know all about his appearances stats but I don't agree re the fee. But each to their own view.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

His appearances last year:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aaron-tshibola/leistungsdaten/spieler/243633/plus/0?saison=2015

Â