Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

18 minutes ago, useless said:

We won't be in for Pogba at the moment, or not for a few good seasons. And even if we were, he and Tshibola could play together, Pogba's style has more emphasis on attack whereas Tshibola is more of a defensive player (as I understand it).

Love it, Useless. You brighten my day every time.

Happy we got this deal done, rumours palace were in for him had me worried. He's still young and raw, (or should that be green and raw?) but he's highly rated and Steve Clark knows what he's capable of so I trust that he'll be an asset for years to come. Let's hope his injury problems are behind him and he can help improve our midfield. 

Now for some more signings please :D

its great to see us signing promising midfielders, and he will no doubt be an important part of the team, but he is still young, and with more alot more games to play this season, and can see us having to keep players like gana and veretout

9 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

its great to see us signing promising midfielders, and he will no doubt be an important part of the team, but he is still young, and with more alot more games to play this season, and can see us having to keep players like gana and veretout

I don't think "having" to keep a player like gana in the championship is necessarily a bad thing.

29 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

So are we pronouncing it "Shi-Bo-La" like with a silent T? 

It's pronounced Tishbola.. I know he's spelled his name completely wrong for that pronunciation but that seems to be how it's said based on Reading fans. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa_southerner said:

Welcome to the club! Was a straight 50/50 between us and palace, although no bid was placed from them talks happened, first team football and Steve Clarke were the sealing factor! UTV!

Fantastic if true (and given your previous posts, I've no reason to doubt it).

To beat a PL side to a signing says an awful lot.

I don't know too much about the goalie but the two outfield signings so far have been very impressive.

Key for me is how many of the 4 or 5 decent signings we can keep hold of. Amavi could well be here next season by the looks of things, Awye, Adama & Gana are all up in the air at present- I would settle at this stage for Amavi & Adama. Either of the other two would be a bonus. With the three new signings, coupled with those two, Grealish & Okore thrown in, that's 7 most of us would be happy starting with. There are players within the squad who I wouldn't be adverse to keeping as squad players as well. We do however need a minimum of 4 signings who will come in as starters still. Another striker is obviously high up that list but I fear this will be towards the end of the window. I read someone saying Villa would be waiting until then-I don't think that decision is in our hands, I think players are waiting to see who comes in for them before committing to the Championship.

I'm becoming more optimistic about the coming season-Far more than I could have dreamt of as the last one was finishing. I'm not taking anything for granted but the last month has been very promising. As we speak how bad does this line up look, bearing in mind it will improve further between now and September (some may also depart admittedly)

1. Gollini
2. Hutton/Baccuna
3. Amavi
4. Okore
5. Elphick
6. Tshibola
7. Adama
8. Vertout/Westwood/Gana
9. Kozak
10. Awye
11. Grealish

Bennett, Gil, Gardner, Baker, Clark are all able squad players. Some of the above will no doubt have left by the start of September but the spine is developing nicely.

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

So are we pronouncing it "Shi-Bo-La" like with a silent T? 

As one who struggles beyond Smith and Jones, I have settled for Toshiba. Betamax was ace in 81.

• Like 2

Â