Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

50 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We still require an older leader in midfield but I see no reason we can't have both?

We can have both i agree but i guess we will probably have to play 3 in the middle to accommodate him till he gets more games under his belt and allow him to develop a bit more next to an older head imo

What formation did Clarke play at Reading who did he play alongside does anyone know?

Edited by AshVilla

This is steve clarkes call, was not a potential Di matteo signing however has listened to his right hand man, it is not 5million up front there is lots off add ons on this particular deal, with the usual appearances, international caps etc.....

Time will tell with this to be honest lack of game time for a 21 year old and had a couple of injuries that weren't shook off as a usual knock.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Yes Osbourne is the only one that came to my mind.

I remember having a really long debate on here with someone about whether he was going to become a key player for us.

Unfortunately I was totally wrong about him !!

Those are the days when I wanted us to sign the likes of Papa Bouba Diop, I can't remember us ever having a big bastard in midfield. One of those, and a poor mans Matic would be great. Instead we end up with Reo Cokers etc. lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa_southerner said:

This is steve clarkes call, was not a potential Di matteo signing however has listened to his right hand man, it is not 5million up front there is lots off add ons on this particular deal, with the usual appearances, international caps etc.....

Time will tell with this to be honest lack of game time for a 21 year old and had a couple of injuries that weren't shook off as a usual knock.

Would Morrison be more RDM's decision?

3 hours ago, terrytini said:

I don't know how involved he would've been/is in the overall philosophy but Bond is a Redknapp man and old candleface used to always go on about having a bit of size and power in midfield.  I'm struggling to remember the last 'big guy' we had there.

Sylla.

He is taller and the same weight as Carlos Sanchez. Looks good physically. Apparently he has an engine on him too and can pass. Could be exactly what weve been missing. Got a good feeling about this lad. 

GetReading website says should be wrapped up today or tomorrow as he is keen to join Villa. 

This signing pleases me . I was concerned we would only be buying for now, for this season, or that the quality we would be signing would not be good enough for a better fight in the premier league.  We do need some of those but I have been saying for ages we need players to develop too. So I'm glad with this as it is one who will develop. 

Next. We need loads more and there is 33 days to the season opener, that I am still concerned about 

We have too many garden gnomes in our midfield (small and stationary), so a big, energetic bastard like Tshibola would be a refreshing change.

Have no clue how good he is. Guessing clarkes behind the move but i trust him so am happy. we need a big rock in cm. lets just hope flabby, lescott and richards dont turn him into a loser like them 

Â