Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

So he barely played from October...

A little surprise people are already dubbing him as a midfield general for us while at the same time writing off Gardner even though he was a week in week out regular for Forest who were on a similar level to Reading.

I see this guy as a long term replacement for Gana seeing as he has a similar style of play from reports.

Gana looks like he'll be here for start of season at least so will be the regular and then Tshibola will take over if/when he leaves in January. 

Edited by VillaChris

53 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Gana looks like he'll be here for start of season at least so will be the regular and then Tshibola will take over if/when he leaves in January. 

I would like to think Gana would stick with us for the rest of the season if he stays until January. After all why leave a club that are by then Champions elect and at least ten points clear of the rest of the division? :)

2 hours ago, hippo said:

But if you look up his record he is barley a championship player. - He made I believe 23 appearances for Hartlepool in the division below.  And round about 15 for reading last season - Don't know how true it is - but I have heard he only completed 90 minutes on 3 occasions last season.

£5m up front looks a massive fee to me - esp given his injury record as well.

Jack Grealish has played roughly 30 games for Villa - but I'm sure we'd be looking for far more than £5m if a club was interested.  Would that be steep too?

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Jack Grealish has played roughly 30 games for Villa - but I'm sure we'd be looking for far more than £5m if a club was interested.  Would that be steep too?

Premier league games though and goals for the u21's. 

16 minutes ago, hippo said:

Premier league games though and goals for the u21's. 

There's really not that much difference in terms of experience as a youngster.  In fact, given the situation we're currently in, Championship games may be more valuable than Premier League games.

Also, you're saying Tshibola hasn't played for Reading U21's?

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

There's really not that much difference in terms of experience as a youngster.  In fact, given the situation we're currently in, Championship games may be more valuable than Premier League games.

Also, you're saying Tshibola hasn't played for Reading U21's?

sorry meant England U21's 

Yup, with Lola you can just go 'Tshibola, oh Aaron Tshibola, oh Aaron Tshibola, nah nah nah nah nah' over and over again.  Unless he joins Palace, then we can just call him a money-grabbing bastard after he puts one in the top corner against us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yup, with Lola you can just go 'Tshibola, oh Aaron Tshibola, oh Aaron Tshibola, nah nah nah nah nah' over and over again.  Unless he joins Palace, then we can just call him a money-grabbing bastard after he puts one in the top corner against us.

Must be in a cup game....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villa_southerner said:

As of yesterday evening no and Crystal Palace are keen, I've not had any updates today.

Worrying if Crystal Palace are also keen.  Surely be will move there instead?  

I hope the delay in getting this one done is due to us needing to find enough chairs for a press conference to announce several new signings rather than due to the player wanting to use us to flush out a more appealing option south of Watford as Dele Alli did. :unsure:

Â