Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

9 hours ago, AshVilla said:

We can have both i agree but i guess we will probably have to play 3 in the middle to accommodate him till he gets more games under his belt and allow him to develop a bit more next to an older head imo

What formation did Clarke play at Reading who did he play alongside does anyone know?

I believe it was OlIver Norwood, a cultured CM who used to play for Man Utd, he played in the same England u16 side as Harry Forrester and Nathan Delfouneso, he's decent

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I believe it was OlIver Norwood, a cultured CM who used to play for Man Utd, he played in the same England u16 side as Harry Forrester and Nathan Delfouneso, he's decent

Fantastic set piece taker - was one of Northern Ireland's best players at the Euros. I'd have him at Villa.

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Alternatively, you could have watched Norwood play for Northern Ireland in the Euros.

Tshibola is the kind of signing that I love - I think it's the inner Football Manager-manager in me that loves it.  I always stock my teams full of promising youngsters then watch them develop B)

• Like 1

I'm not sure how anyone can really say this is or isn't a bargain. A player that has played so little is a gamble for £5m. It's not my money so I honestly don't care, and it's nice to see us spending a bit of money on players with potential. Reading fans don't seem too gutted he's going, they seem to think £5m is very good money for him. 

10 hours ago, villa_southerner said:

Time will tell with this to be honest lack of game time for a 21 year old and had a couple of injuries that weren't shook off as a usual knock.

Maybe he has a bit of Sturridge about him?

2EDB149100000578-3336134-image-a-7_14486

31 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm not sure how anyone can really say this is or isn't a bargain. A player that has played so little is a gamble for £5m. It's not my money so I honestly don't care, and it's nice to see us spending a bit of money on players with potential. Reading fans don't seem too gutted he's going, they seem to think £5m is very good money for him. 

I remember thinking that about Gary Cahill.  I didn't want to lose him, but £6m was decent money for a relatively unproven defender.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Read back. They didn't think that before the fee was agreed. They were talking about £10m and building the side around him. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've had Lola by the Kinks in my brain ever since someone mentioned it as a chant for him last night.

Me too. Although this thread has now displaced it with "Allo Tosh, got a Tshibola?" 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've had Lola by the Kinks in my brain ever since someone mentioned it as a chant for him last night.

Me too.  That was a great shout from whoever suggested Lola by the Kinks, We never get chants going via VT but I hope those who influence these things do pick-up on that.  Just needs a couple of simple lines to go with the main tune (e.g. He’s 6ft 3 and a physical guy and when he tackles ya man you really gonna fly, Tshi B-O-L-A,  la la la la B-O-L-A)

10 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Me too.  That was a great shout from whoever suggested Lola by the Kinks, We never get chants going via VT but I hope those who influence these things do pick-up on that.  Just needs a couple of simple lines to go with the main tune (e.g. He’s 6ft 3 and a physical guy and when he tackles ya man you really gonna fly, Tshi B-O-L-A,  la la la la B-O-L-A)

Ah, thanks for that.  Try as I have I couldn't make the OP fit into the tune.

How about

Lipsmackin' thirstquenchin' acetastin' motivatin' goodbuzzin' cooltalkin' highwalkin' fastlivin' evergivin' coolfizzin' Tshi Bola ?

Or just the tag line 'lip smackin' TshiBola'

It was a real song, honest.

Â