Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

Always been a least decent when i've seen him in the first team.  We haven't lost since he has been dropped from the first team squad - but could he have turned those draws into victories. Im going to trust Brucie on this one though. 

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

if Bruce doesn't fancy him he will sell him

There's your probelm. Just like N'Zogbia, Veretout and a plethora of other players we have had, selling them is the problem. If Tishbola can't run then who's going to buy him? The biggest probelm at the club for a long time now has been player recruitment. We buy players for decent money and find a way to make them worthless. I just hope Tishbola isn't another for the bomb squad.

Of course he could just be struggling with injuries. 

I've always liked what Tshibola has had to offer when given the chance. Hopefully Bruce gives him a run of matches to get some momentum going, as I think he could be a damn good midfielder for us.

On 11/21/2016 at 10:35, TRO said:

or if we was THAT solid, we would not of conceded as we did against Brighton.....Chester was out of position.

I thought we had become a bit more impervious than that.

There is still much to do Dave despite the great start under SB

PS Its not a criticism more of an observation.

Which is not down to the midfield. 

Players get caught out from time to time by a pass or a turn, or a lovely bit of skill or finish, goals will be conceded. It seems to be a thing in football to look for a mistake in every single one of them when most of the time that's not the case. IMO. 

• Like 2

Shows glimpses of his potential, Against Newcastle in the second half he ran the midfield.

Fitness is clearly the issue. He's one of those players at a fork in the road. He could turn out to be a bargain and a top class midfielder if he stays clear. Or, he could turn out to be another waste of money. Time will tell.

6 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Which is not down to the midfield. 

Players get caught out from time to time by a pass or a turn, or a lovely bit of skill or finish, goals will be conceded. It seems to be a thing in football to look for a mistake in every single one of them when most of the time that's not the case. IMO. 

I take your point....its always been a bone of contention, depending how the situation is viewed.....was it good by them or a mistake by us?

I guess by looking for perfection we can get improvement, I was merely pointing out a possible fault by us that Brighton with their good play exploited.

some ex players make a TVs career out of it.

I did say Dave ( in an earlier post)it wasn't a criticism more an observation.

I actually think the transformation is remarkable, but we are not there yet and there is much to do as our manager knows.

I actually think a point at Brighton considering their form was very good.

incidentally they by passed midfield with the pass and encouraged Chester forward which left him slightly out of position, so I think midfield did play a part.

• 2 weeks later...

Midfield recruits in the summer really hasn't worked out has it :mellow:

Jedinak took almost 15 games to come good(ish) and  Tshibola has disappeared from the surface of the earth.

Approaching halfway through the season with Westwood and Gardener are both playing regularly with the expected result.

53 minutes ago, sne said:

Midfield recruits in the summer really hasn't worked out has it :mellow:

Jedinak took almost 15 games to come good(ish) and  Tshibola has disappeared from the surface of the earth.

Approaching halfway through the season with Westwood and Gardener are both playing regularly with the expected result.

Jedinak's played 10 games, and has been one of our better players for half of those.

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Jedinak's played 10 games, and has been one of our better players for half of those.

Yes but the season was almost 15 games in when he  started to find any form.

That he missade games att the start of the season didn't really help us did it?

Those games still count at the end of the season.

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Attitude mustn't be great in training is all I can think of.

Baffling he can't even get on as sub.

The little bits we've heard from him, he seems very gracious and appreciative of what he has got (being a footballer) so in that, a bad attitude doesn't really fit. Maybe he has been suffering with a few niggles or simply not favoured?

35 minutes ago, sne said:

Yes but the season was almost 15 games in when he  started to find any form.

That he missade games att the start of the season didn't really help us did it?

But he cant be blamed for not being here from the off

35 minutes ago, sne said:

Those games still count at the end of the season.

true but not his fault

9 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

The little bits we've heard from him, he seems very gracious and appreciative of what he has got (being a footballer) so in that, a bad attitude doesn't really fit. Maybe he has been suffering with a few niggles or simply not favoured?

He was on the bench very recently so isn't injured.

He started the Wolves game and hasn't been seen since so he must've done something to upset SB in that timeframe.

We're talking about not playing a single minute in 6 weeks, Westwood was a disgrace at Preston and has started most games since.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He was on the bench very recently so isn't injured.

He started the Wolves game and hasn't been seen since so he must've done something to upset SB in that timeframe.

We're talking about not playing a single minute in 6 weeks, Westwood was a disgrace at Preston and has started most games since.

Yes he was on the bench Saturday, just maybe he's over coming a niggling injury which he's had since SB has been here. 

Like you, I've no idea why he's out the side. Maybe there is an issue, I just thing it's a bit harsh on him to think that the only issue can be that he's got a bad attitude.

10 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Yes he was on the bench Saturday, just maybe he's over coming a niggling injury which he's had since SB has been here. 

Like you, I've no idea why he's out the side. Maybe there is an issue, I just thing it's a bit harsh on him to think that the only issue can be that he's got a bad attitude.

Last season we had a teamfull of players who 

only got a bad attitude.

and what happened then?

Wasn't he often injured when at Reading? I don't think it's a surprise that he isn't getting a run in the team given his injury record. He looks half decent when in the side but he will never get a run in the team if he can't get 100% fit.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

Â