Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

2 hours ago, guyavfc said:

Think fitness has been this guys issue.

I agree. He never looked fully fit even in RDM's XI. Bruce said a lot of the squad was not fully fit and wanted more. Doesn't surprise me that Westwood and Gardner keep getting in front of Tshibola because those two word hard in training. 

6 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

But he cant be blamed for not being here from the off

true but not his fault

He signed mid August at that point we had played 3 games and had 4 points.

I don't know who's fault it is that it took him to mid November to look somewhat like the player we thought we signed. A 32 y.o seasoned professional and leader should Imo be able to walk right into the team when dropping down a league if he has done his summer training. Not really my point, as he might have had his whole off season ruined by injuries.

But Di Matteo sure didn't help anyone either.

Point was that with him and Tshibola both failing to get fit (or whatever the reason is) we have suffered as a team and are still playing Westy and Gardener closing in on the Christmas period languishing at 15th in the table.

So I stand by that the summer recruits in CM hasn't really worked out and it's costing us big time.

I don't know if he's had injuries, but I think when he has played he has looked fit enough and covered a great deal of the pitch.

It's hard to pick many decent midfield performances, Bacuna has probably been the most consistent when he's played which hasn't been many games. Gardener has had maybe two decent games. Jed maybe 3 good ish games. Tish 2 or 3, but he's not played many.

Our midfield is a shambles to be honest and the reason we are not higher up the table. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

Tishbola doesn't appear to be injured though. There's no mention that he's out injured in any team news recently.

Yes there doesn't appear to be specific injury but it doesn't mean there isn't something that is hampering him training to the level that is required. Or of course it might not be injury related at all that he is out of favour.

I think he's just out of favour as hes never mentioned in Bruce Press conference. If he was carrying an injury he would mention it. He's already got more goals than our midfield combined and has barely played. Hes had a few under 23 games for a few weeks now. I hope he starts against wigan. Give westy a break

I was sceptical of him being more than a squad option for most of his first season here, but I think he looked pretty solid at first.

Signing a player who has played so few career games and also just came back from a long term injury is always going to be a gamble.

Third of a season in the Championship, half a season in League 2 and a bunch of youth games is not a lot even for a young player.

We basically paid £5-5.5m for a Yacuba Sylla type signing, but who will hopefully get through whatever it is that is keeping him out of the squad.

Edited by sne

On 12/7/2016 at 12:00, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This one really does baffle me, it seems EVERY manager has ONE which baffles all of us ffs.

Outside of a couple of early appearances I haven't been that impressed with him. I don't think his absence is massively baffling tbh. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Outside of a couple of early appearances I haven't been that impressed with him. I don't think his absence is massively baffling tbh. 

It is all opinion, of course, Dr, but I thought he was considerably better than Gardner and Westwood.

• Like 1

I thought he was considerably better than Westwood and Gardner ifor about 30 minutes against Newcastle. Apart from that he's not done much.

However I fully suspect his issue is a fitness one.

Like I said above, I suspect his problem is fitness. Had he been fully fit for an extended period I reckon he'd be in the team by now.

His past history suggests he struggles fitness wise.

Â