Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

17 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Hard case to make given the results.

ok yes can't argue with that, but I think the case for him being on the bench is a fair one.

I would see Gardener, Jedinak and Bacuna as the midfield based on results that should start. I am not a Westwood hater, but I would still hope Tish would play ahead of him. 

It looks as though Bruce is opting for experience at the moment and the Wolves game and the recent U23 games Tish has been reported to be well below par. I personally think the games he has started before then he has been anything from decent to superb.

I hope his time will come.

8 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Hard case to make given the results.

True, but to be honest i'm thinking maybe if he was in Westwoods place, a couple of these draws well may have been wins.

He is stronger, has more drive from box to box, and has goals in him!

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Clearly loads of ability.

Which worries me, as to be missing out on the squad, there's an attitude/training issue.

Yes I would have to come to that conclusion aswell....his training must not be that intense. It's not just not starting games but he's not even making the 18 atm.

He's better than that....and he did cost us 5m.

On 11/19/2016 at 07:04, Demitri_C said:

Why would tishbola come in now when the midfield seems to be fine thus far? maybe as an impact sub but  against wolves he was really poor.

I think even bacuna's is ahead of him now in cm

....the midfield seems to be fine?.....far from fine IMO.

needs work on it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, TRO said:

....the midfield seems to be fine?.....far from fine IMO.

needs work on it.

Far? If it was "far from fine" we wouldn't be looking as solid as we do or picking up 2 points a game. 

It could definitely be improved, but it's not 'bad', IMO. I personally think people jumped the gun on that and don't want to back track. 

15 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Far? If it was "far from fine" we wouldn't be looking as solid as we do or picking up 2 points a game. 

It could definitely be improved, but it's not 'bad', IMO. I personally think people jumped the gun on that and don't want to back track. 

Agree that far from fine is too much but it's definitely our weakest area. Gardner and Westwood are not convincing at all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Perhaps it was a bit of an emphatic response Dave

but I did say " needs work on it"

If you watched the Leeds v Newcastle game you see the difference how Gayle( although he is like a Bumble Bee) gets fed all the time....we haven't got a Shelvey type Mid who can work the ball and shield the ball until the right move is on.

13 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

or if we was THAT solid, we would not of conceded as we did against Brighton.....Chester was out of position.

I thought we had become a bit more impervious than that.

There is still much to do Dave despite the great start under SB

PS Its not a criticism more of an observation.

Edited by TRO

Saw The match to if that is him fighting for a spot.. no wonder he's not in the squad. He doesn't have the fight.. doesn't Press.. very laboured performance. Can see he has quality but I'd question his attitude. Think Lyden will overtake him soon too as he seems a Bruce Style player

1 minute ago, KSV said:

Saw The match to if that is him fighting for a spot.. no wonder he's not in the squad. He doesn't have the fight.. doesn't Press.. very laboured performance. Can see he has quality but I'd question his attitude. Think Lyden will overtake him soon too as he seems a Bruce Style player

just missed him I never got on the net until half time....but Bruce has already said the physical side of the game is important to him.

12 hours ago, KJT123 said:

Just watching him play for the u21s, he doesn't look at all fit, knackered at HT.

I don't think he has been fit for about 4 years. Why we bought him I will never know, not exactly the quality midfileder we needed was he?

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Worrying signs then...really hope this isn't a player who's lost his hunger with an early big move and wages so he's on easy street now.

Im not worried at all tbh, if thats his attitude Bruce wont ;let him near first team. This is a new villa era. The times of losers and laziness is over 

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im not worried at all tbh, if thats his attitude Bruce wont ;let him near first team. This is a new villa era. The times of losers and laziness is over 

However if the above is to be believed the times of wasting money on players who don't play in the first team isn't. Tishbola was bought to fill our most important need, i.e. a central midfielder. It's a disaster if he's not good enough to get into our first XI.

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

However if the above is to be believed the times of wasting money on players who don't play in the first team isn't. Tishbola was bought to fill our most important need, i.e. a central midfielder. It's a disaster if he's not good enough to get into our first XI.

I think your being abit over dramatic mate to be honest. How would it be a disaster? We spent 5m on a young player who is highly rated, if Bruce doesn't fancy him he will sell him and get another CM in. 

Â