Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

This is ridiculous! Tommy is wonderful but was adequate cover for this league.

What does Bruce do now? Shoe horn Bree as CB cover for our 1st choice CB who is shite and actually a midfielder?

The mind boggles but hey, Bruce knows best he’s had 4 promotions after all!

• 5 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Wonder if he has a recall option? I'd have to imagine that the new manager when hired would have to look and see if we could bring him back 

Pretty sure the loan rules were changed last year so you can only recall players when the loan window is open (basically have to wait until January)

• Like 1

On 04/10/2018 at 15:39, Villaphan04 said:

ah thats what i had thought. 

Shame we can't do it right now, but still though, getting him back in Jan woudl mean we only need one more CB really. Instead of looking for 2....

• 5 weeks later...

For Hull City to succeed, like they have done over the last two matches, they had to build strongly from the back. The man to thank for that has been Tommy Elphick.

Described as a natural leader for the Tigers, the on-loan Aston Villa man was superb in the win against West Bromwich Albion.

My thoughts on City's recruitment have been well-documented but Elphick's acquisition is looking to be a shrewd one.

There's every chance Villa could recall him in January but it just shows the strength of the Midlands outfit that they can let a talent like Elphick go out and seek regular football elsewhere.

Thankfully for the Tigers they have him up their sleeves and again, he was the plug in the socket for Nigel Adkins' side.

When the defence is watertight against the division's top scorers, forward players become more confident and it was clear that City were able to play on the front foot thanks to their defenders.

Elphick seems to have gone slightly under the radar for me but nonetheless he's a success story of late in Black and Amber and long may that continue.

Clicky

• Like 2

Â