Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

As he can be recalled in January does anyone know if that means he could play for us against QPR on January 1st? 

I don't know for sure but I don't see any reason why not. He is our player so I'd imagine he will be good to go straight away

On 28/11/2018 at 18:49, rodders0223 said:

Hull's best defender. Great.

He is shite, and for the 2 wins at the start of the season he was all over the shop and made numerous unforced errors and bad passes.

its like change the bowler....but don't change the bowling.

still error prone...that's why Bruce shipped him out.

not sure what the answer is though....We need a quality Centre back, have done for seasons now.

Edited by TRO

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

its like change the bowler....but don't change the bowling.

still error prone...that's why Bruce shipped him out.

not sure what the answer is though....We need a quality Centre back, have done for seasons now.

Smith I’m sure will buy a new CB so Elphick will be returning as cover. Seems a sensible move IMO. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, eholm said:

Smith I’m sure will buy a new CB so Elphick will be returning as cover. Seems a sensible move IMO. 

not being picky....but I will wait and see.

This fix should have been addressed long before Dean Smith arrived.....The defence has been poor for such a long time masked over by playing the way we did.

shockingly poor management from previous managers and Staff.

I don't know how our club gets itself in these situations.

There must have been some really duff decisions being made behind the scenes, before the present staff arrived, I know we still have to see what they do.

28 minutes ago, eholm said:

IF,IF i turns out to be that ,yes.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't know how our club gets itself in these situations.

There must have been some really duff decisions being made behind the scenes, before the present staff arrived, I know we still have to see what they do.

IF,IF i turns out to be that ,yes.

because Steve Bruce.

SB simply didn't rate him.

The problem was the moves that fell through on deadline day, McKenna and the guy who played in France who came over to have a look around.

Guess Elphick to Hull was done so couldn't pull the plug or SB just wanted him out regardless but yes in hindsight poor move.

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

because Steve Bruce.

Hardly something borne out of Bletchley Park

so from a process of elimination.....its ALL down to him, when the club has been responsible for having an inadequate team for the best part of the last decade.

That's  not saying he hasn't added to it....but come on, broaden your horizons.

I would say the team that secured the massive total of 3 wins in a season, needed an inquest set up in to the sanity of those running it....and since then we have hardly pulled up any trees.

Lets hope we have something to look forward to....judging by Deans face on Sunday,( I think even he was shocked by some of the defending) I think there might be hope ,if he is supported financially.

Edited by TRO

On 28/11/2018 at 18:49, rodders0223 said:

Hull's best defender. Great.

He is shite, and for the 2 wins at the start of the season he was all over the shop and made numerous unforced errors and bad passes.

I don't know if you keep an eye on Sky Sports top 50 players stats but Elphick has been up there practically all season, an I mean right up there in the top 20.

Now I know we've seen him struggle here for the last few years, but hes playing the best he has done for a number of years and personally I'd rather have him in the team over Bree, Elmohammy, Jedinak or Hutton at centre back when Tuanzebe or Chester cant play.

Edited by Junxs

I have seen him play atrociously, I have also seen him do really well also, I think he is a confidence player and Bruce kicked that out of him.

I thought his career here was done and he deserved a new chance somewhere else, but we need depth and hopefully Dean can sort him out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We could do much worse.

Get him back, and sign another top quality/prospect.

Gives the latter time to bed in and so on, whilst having a capable defender available.

Yes, and then we'd also have Elphick.

• Haha 1

Â