Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

Was reading an article on the sky sports app which shows the Top 50 form players in the championship and Elphick was up there at 33, we only had 2 players in the full list Grealish (5h) & Chester (4th) so it shows he's not a bad player when given a run in the team.

Every player will struggle if they are just used as bit part, especially when thrown in with a host of other players who don't normally play in cup games

The article can be found here, I cant copy and paste it though as that function is disabled.

Edited by Junxs

If you want a solid no nonsense championship defender, Elphick is exactly that. I would love to have Elphick back as our #3 because then we likely don't have to buy a center back in january, and can focus on the full back spots, but he does not suit Smith's style of play at all. 

• Like 1

There's every chance Villa could recall him in January but it just shows the strength of the Midlands outfit that they can let a talent like Elphick go out and seek regular football elsewhere.

huh.jpg

Elphick won’t come back to be back up when he is getting regular football. I’ve always said he’s decent (not great), but the big problem is him and Chester have similar traits. Neither want to be the one marking or heading the ball, they both want to sweep up behind. Therefore as a unit they just don’t work. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Elphick won’t come back to be back up when he is getting regular football. I’ve always said he’s decent (not great), but the big problem is him and Chester have similar traits. Neither want to be the one marking or heading the ball, they both want to sweep up behind. Therefore as a unit they just don’t work. 

The problem with that, is he is contracted to us. lol

Doesn't matter what he "wants" to do.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The problem with that, is he is contracted to us. lol

Doesn't matter what he "wants" to do.

You say that, but you don’t want someone to come back and moan, upsetting the dressing room (not that I think Elphick is that type of player) 

Personally i cant imagine why anyone would want him back. I dont want to see him in a villa shirt ever again and its nothing personal.Yes yes i know we have cb shortage and i still dont want him near our team. Hes decent footballer and all but he cant play for us i thought that is evident by now.  He played bad for us not because of bruceball or that hes bad footballer.He cant play for us because hes traumatized u know what happened to him we all saw that train wreck from hero to zero in 4 games or are u already forgot? 

Footballers legs can break and they will have lasting negative mental effects. Put a villa shirt on Elphick put him in villa stadium and hes done hes head is gone. He cant play for us hes a massive liability on the pitch just forget about him!

Edited by Tumblerseven

He's not been particularly good for us on more than a few occasions.

But considering our 3rd and 4th options at CB is a midfielder or no one at all we will need to recall him.

Granted if we manage to buy a proper CB in Jan and rid ourselves of Jedinak's contract, while hopefully bring through a youngster like Clark (or someone else) we might not need to recall him.

As it stands now thou we will need him.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Tumblerseven said:

Personally i cant imagine why anyone would want him back. I dont want to see him in a villa shirt ever again and its nothing personal.Yes yes i know we have cb shortage and i still dont want him near our team. Hes decent footballer and all but he cant play for us i thought that is evident by now.  He played bad for us not because of bruceball or that hes bad footballer.He cant play for us because hes traumatized u know what happened to him we all saw that train wreck from hero to zero in 4 games or are u already forgot? 

Footballers legs can break and they will have lasting negative mental effects. Put a villa shirt on Elphick put him in villa stadium and hes done hes head is gone. He cant play for us hes a massive liability on the pitch just forget about him!

I think people want him back because he's an in form centre back, we only have 2 centre backs, and we should have 4.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I think people want him back because he's an in form centre back, we only have 2 centre backs, and we should have 4.

People didnt want him to go in the first place because we only have 2 centre backs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

People didnt want him to go in the first place because we only have 2 centre backs

Agreed - if nothing else he could be spurring on the defenders to perform better on the pitch . This would be a good thing surely ?

Â