Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

43 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Agreed , would prefer elphick - he looked decent when JT was injured - think we need to bring in another centre back and striker at least 

I dont understand the logic of jedinak over elphick. I also dont get why he wont start a younger player than a slow 34 jedinak who is injury prone. 

We are going to be in massive trouble if jedinak is our cb first teamer

• Like 1

Preferably neither Elphick nor Jedinak will be our starting CB... I don’t think either are good enough in that position. 

I feel for Elphick as he’s performed well on odd occasions, sort of hinting that he’s better than he’s shown, but for the most part he’s been poor and I just don’t think we can mount a promotion challenge with him as first choice CB.

• 2 weeks later...

Guaranteed, without fail to make one major mistake a game. That is why he can never be a starter.

Pleased he fought back from the goal conceded, pleased he got his goal. Good character, good talker...but a walking error. Made about 4 tonight.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

Total liability. Pleased he got his goal but if we're relying on him this season we might as well give up now.

Him, chester, whelan and jedi are too slow and some games can defend deep they be ok but a problem 

Terry had no pace but brain saw him through

• Thanks 1

I’ve said t before but him and Chester are similar in styles. Both need a commanding headerer of the ball next to them. A partnership between them won’t work as both like to sweep. 

Dont think it’s his fault for the goal, was covering back from behind the keeper.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve said t before but him and Chester are similar in styles. Both need a commanding headerer of the ball next to them. A partnership between them won’t work as both like to sweep. 

Dont think it’s his fault for the goal, was covering back from behind the keeper.

Totally agree.....and if we fail to do that we will pay the price.

We need to find a Harry Maguire.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

Totally agree.....and if we fail to do that we will pay the price.

We need to find a Harry Maguire.

Agreed. Even someone like Dean at SHA or Burn at Wigan. Someone who attacks aerially with aggression. I think it could be the most significant  signing of the season, if not the sexiest.

I don’t think Bruce rates him and we’ll see Axel next to Chester sooner or later.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Thug said:

Not his fault for the goal, but got lucky with a couple of major errors. Just don’t feel safe with him at the back.

he gives me the Heebee jeebee's.

6 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Quite impressive that a man of 4ft 4in could rise the highest and score from a corner like that. 

Does explain why he wasn't able to keep their goal out also :P

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not sure it's his fault, but it was a pretty crap attempt at clearing it off the line.

If he goes with his head or his foot then he clears that. It seemed like he went with his arm before remembering you can't do that.

If that's John Terry then it doesn't go in. 

• Like 2

Â