Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

On 11/11/2018 at 23:27, Vive_La_Villa said:

But at least he’s a defender. Our Axel nearly gifted 2 goals on Saturday so mistakes do happen. 

We’ll probably release him in the summer so I  think bringing him back in January will be a last resort anyway.

Axel is learning his trade.......Elphick is a mature defender.....one will eliminate an error a game, the other is unlikely to do so.

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

Axel is learning his trade.......Elphick is a mature defender.....one will eliminate an error a game, the other is unlikely to do so.

I appreciate that but every player will make mistakes so it’s wrong to single out his error against Birmingham after he apparently played so well in the previous 10 games. 

Im not saying he is a good defender. But I think he is adequate for this league.   

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I appreciate that but every player will make mistakes so it’s wrong to single out his error against Birmingham after he apparently played so well in the previous 10 games. 

Im not saying he is a good defender. But I think he is adequate for this league.   

I think its also who he made the error against ?

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ha true. I know a lot of fans love to see them lose but I personally couldn’t care less what they are doing. They are too insignificant to care about.

We must beat them to get back in the promotion race. They must beat us because that’s all that matters to them. 

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He's adequate for a lesser team in this league.

He's adequate as a last resort for us.

He's not adequate as a starting centreback for a team supposedly fighting for promotion.

(imo)

• Like 2

On 09/11/2018 at 20:39, alreadyexists said:

Totally agree; the samba experiment was a total waste of apparently limited resources.

Now now. Total waste is over the top. He did after all give us this.

However the remainder of the time here was probably a waste. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ha true. I know a lot of fans love to see them lose but I personally couldn’t care less what they are doing. They are too insignificant to care about.

We must beat them to get back in the promotion race. They must beat us because that’s all that matters to them. 

Tommy is like that lad who shows up in most offices every once in a while. He talks the talk, he's confident, outspoken, he has an air about him that he is going to get on. Everything about him suggests he knows what he is doing and he is fully capable. Happy days.

A month later you realise that for all the talk and appearance he's **** useless.

On 13/11/2018 at 10:50, Vive_La_Villa said:

equally, I am not saying he is a bad defender....but he is 31 and makes a number of goal conceding errors.

I have not been privvy to his games at Hull.....but a centre half has to be reliable above all else......maybe if i saw his games at Hull, I would have a different opinion.

Personally, he looks a bit ungamely for me( I like to see tidy work)....not something, I like in a player....just my take.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently motm against top the league Norwich. He has done well for Hull to be fair. 

Some players just cant handle pressure to play for Villa. Gary Gardner looks good at this level but never once for Villa maybe Elphick is the same

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Some players just cant handle pressure to play for Villa. Gary Gardner looks good at this level but never once for Villa maybe Elphick is the same

Certainly looked as if coming in and being made captain here straight away overwhelmed him.

Leave him where he is, the move simply didn't work out.

On 13/11/2018 at 13:34, rodders0223 said:

Tommy is like that lad who shows up in most offices every once in a while. He talks the talk, he's confident, outspoken, he has an air about him that he is going to get on. Everything about him suggests he knows what he is doing and he is fully capable. Happy days.

A month later you realise that for all the talk and appearance he's **** useless.

Apart from the fact he's been the standout defender for Hull this season and Bruce canned him after his best game in which he scored. Regardless of him being a starter or not he needs to be recalled it's a no brainer.

• 4 weeks later...
Â