Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Not sure it's his fault, but it was a pretty crap attempt at clearing it off the line.

If he goes with his head or his foot then he clears that. It seemed like he went with his arm before remembering you can't do that.

If that's John Terry then it doesn't go in. 

This ! In football manager stats Bravery 4 , Determination 4, Work Rate 4 , John Terry 20,20,20

17 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Everyone making a meal out of the Grealish reaction on Monday.

I noticed Elphick's celebration for his goal was quite muted.

Even given the lack of CB's at the moment I'm hoping to hear news that he's moved on tbh.

Yes, wasn't sure whether it was because he didn't keep the ball out at the other end, been so long since he scored he didn't know what to do, he's peeved with his treatment at the club or something else.

I suspect he knows however he did he wouldn't be able to change Bruce's opinion on him.

No one dislikes Elphick eh, he seems a decent chap and has been a good pro while here.

It's just the football bit. I doubt anyone would have an issue with him being 4th choice CB, except maybe Elphick.

• Like 2

On 07/08/2018 at 10:30, Thug said:

Not his fault for the goal, but got lucky with a couple of major errors. Just don’t feel safe with him at the back.

I know right. You don't get that much space for a free header in a training ground kick about. I can't believe not one Hull defender marked or tracked him

On 29/07/2018 at 06:23, Demitri_C said:

I dont understand the logic of jedinak over elphick. I also dont get why he wont start a younger player than a slow 34 jedinak who is injury prone. 

We are going to be in massive trouble if jedinak is our cb first teamer

Jedi filled in for Terry and we beat Cardiff Leeds Ipswich and conceded 0. Elphick is honestly one of the worst CBs I've laid eyes on. He creates danger when there is none

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

I suspect he knows however he did he wouldn't be able to change Bruce's opinion on him.

No one dislikes Elphick eh, he seems a decent chap and has been a good pro while here.

It's just the football bit. I doubt anyone would have an issue with him being 4th choice CB, except maybe Elphick.

He was bought in by RDM to captain Villa and lead us to promotion. He just shrank and dissolved like a sherbet dip in water - the size of the club was too much for him. Not his fault really he just wasn't up to it and it's hit his confidence really hard. He obviously would benefit from being anywhere other than Aston Villa - that goal non-celebration said it all.

Possibly he could be a good captain of a traditionally smaller club but the job was just too big for him here.

Edited by TheAuthority

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Not his fault really he just wasn't up to it and it's hit his confidence really hard. He obviously would benefit from being anywhere other than Aston Villa - that goal non-celebration said it all.

I agree. I actually feel sorry for him. I'm sure he had high hopes and wanted to be a success here but it hasn't worked out, it was the wrong place for him to come, the wrong move to make. It happens in all professions, people go places and should work out but for often indefinable reasons "the fit" just doesn't work out.

I've had it myself. Gone into a new job in a new company and, although it should have worked out, I had early forebodings of it being a mistake, little went as it should have done and a few months later decided the whole deal was under a bad sign and went. My niece went through exactly the same thing recently but the difference was when things weren't working out for us in our respective jobs, 40,000 people didn't groan as one. :lol:

He needs to move on and I hope he does well. He's not a slacker or a shirker but his confidence seems to have been eroded enough to make him too shaky to be relied on.

• Like 2

On 08/08/2018 at 00:59, VILLAMARV said:

Everyone making a meal out of the Grealish reaction on Monday.

I noticed Elphick's celebration for his goal was quite muted.

Even given the lack of CB's at the moment I'm hoping to hear news that he's moved on tbh.

Probably because he just tied it. He is a leader, and at 1-1 against Hull, there is no reason to celebrate just yet. 

Think that is the last game he will play for the club. His performance was an utter joke. Complete liability when defending, then when in possession only ever interested in smashing the ball as long and far as he can.

It almost bordered on protest the manner in which in went out of his way not to play football.

Bruce is raging and I expect the "senior" players are the ones he is most livid with.

He was shocking. That run forward to try and play the guy offside, when he went through for the 1v1 with our keeper, was abysmal. He looks like he's regressed back to his worst following a few tidy appearances last season. 

Terrible showing again.

He's not particularly big or strong or quick or good on the ball or composed or organised.

I just want him out. I'd rather Suliman and Tuanzebe make those mistakes at least they have some claim to a lack of experience.

As I've said before, nice enough guy just simply not good enough.

Â