Tommy Elphick

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

I hope we keep Elphick. He proved that he can be injured most of the time. We need a solid partner for Chester and having Elphick plus someone like Tuanzebe can be good. 

Fixed that for you. 

Elphic has proven anything but solid, apart from a couple of games last season.

Tuanzebe will be first choice next year, hope so anyway as he possesses a lot of attributes we lacked at the back last year. 

How many  games has he played over the past three seasons ?! Not only shite but injury prone as well. Get rid ! Don’t give a flying fook about his supposed good character he is shit was ok four years ago. Sell ! 

Nice guy but I suspect he is on a good wage. Hopefully it doesn't sound big headed but I think Villa could get a replacement just as good at a lower contract, so yeah wouldn't be totally gutted if he was sold. Provided we bring in a couple of cheap half decent centre halves, and not playing the youth team.

• Like 1

He hasn't been anywhere near the player he was at Bournemouth and a move would be good for him and would make financial sense for us without having the sort of impact on our playing strength that some other potential player exits would.

• Like 3

On 16/06/2018 at 00:12, Czechlad said:

We need a solid partner for Chester and having Elphick plus someone like Tuanzebe can be good

A lot of posters seem to think Tuanzebe will be a good option at CB. I saw very little of him last season as I only managed to watch a handful of games (9 hour time difference), and that little was not impressive. So I'm genuinely curious, what attributes does he possess to make so many people think he's a good option?

1 hour ago, Danwichmann said:

A lot of posters seem to think Tuanzebe will be a good option at CB. I saw very little of him last season as I only managed to watch a handful of games (9 hour time difference), and that little was not impressive. So I'm genuinely curious, what attributes does he possess to make so many people think he's a good option?

He's quite good in FM. What more do you need to know?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Danwichmann said:

The first game he played thought he looked raw but was really rather good. Any other appearances I saw I thought he was very poor.

Can we not develop one of our own lads? Where we are now is the perfect opportunity for bringing on our youngsters.

On 15/06/2018 at 19:37, AshVilla said:

Elphick is shite.

He is slower than JT and is 4 years younger.

He also doesn't have the footballing brain to make up for his lack of pace.

He's better than Samba.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

The first game he played thought he looked raw but was really rather good. Any other appearances I saw I thought he was very poor.

Can we not develop one of our own lads? Where we are now is the perfect opportunity for bringing on our youngsters.

I thought he was very good against Fulham. 

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

I thought he was very good against Fulham. 

Well, he is still young. Plenty of time on his side.

My preference is still to bring on some of our own youngsters. If we cannot blood them in our present circumstances, I cannot see when we can do it.

Perhaps we need to examine the whole expensive academy thing if we do not have players coming through at a time when we really need them. 

Press talk about Villa stalling on the sale as we consider our options.

Please let this be just press made up bollox.  

Last thing we need is to rely on Elphick to replace Terry only for him to be injured 70% of the time. 

Edited by sidcow

Â